Futaba radio w/ Phantom

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently changed from stock radio to the Futaba 8FJ, and have been able to get the copter to fly. However, I have been experiencing noticeable change in controls, where now flying forward, the copter severely tilts down whie moving forward and every motion seems like its pushing too hard and requires constant counteracting to keep the copter stable. Also having probles with throttle ascending and descending being too sensitive, and even had a crash while descending and pushing stick all the way up and couldn't save it from falling. How can I tighten to controls, as the stock radio was much easier to control. Would it be settings on the radio or the NAZA? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

once you re-calibrate the TX and the problem persist, the other options are to play with the mix settings on the TX or to tune down the gain in NAZA.

calipilot said:
Hello,
Recently changed from stock radio to the Futaba 8FJ, and have been able to get the copter to fly. However, I have been experiencing noticeable change in controls, where now flying forward, the copter severely tilts down whie moving forward and every motion seems like its pushing too hard and requires constant counteracting to keep the copter stable. Also having probles with throttle ascending and descending being too sensitive, and even had a crash while descending and pushing stick all the way up and couldn't save it from falling. How can I tighten to controls, as the stock radio was much easier to control. Would it be settings on the radio or the NAZA? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Did you by chance make some notes on your experience? I want to swap mine out and would love to read how you did it..

I had calibrated the sticks with NAZA, but am going to try again to see if that helps.
Also went to hobby shop and was adivsed to play with the Duals and Exponential settings to throttle back the gain, does that sound right? What are the mix settings? Assuming TX is the radio? And is gain the exp?

I watched a couple Youtube Videos to step me through the process.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRUDKZGhwuU - Part 1/3

calipilot said:
I had calibrated the sticks with NAZA, but am going to try again to see if that helps.
Also went to hobby shop and was adivsed to play with the Duals and Exponential settings to throttle back the gain, does that sound right? What are the mix settings? Assuming TX is the radio? And is gain the exp?

yes, those video's are great for setting up the T8J with the Phantom, imagine much of it applies to the 8FJ
I just followed the steps and things seem to work just fine.

Perhaps tho you might want to adjust your gains to a higher number for much more response.

I haven't messed with the remote gain settings or any of that fancy stuff (which allows you to adjust the gains remotely using the 7th or 8th channels) (you do want to make sure that's not turned on in your NAZA, unless intended).

When you run the NAZA and do the Tx calibration, you can then move the sticks and see how the movements correlate to the numbers. full throttle show show as 1000

calipilot said:

yes, those video's are great for setting up the T8J with the Phantom, imagine much of it applies to the 8FJ
I just followed the steps and things seem to work just fine.

Perhaps tho you might want to adjust your gains to a higher number for much more response.

I haven't messed with the remote gain settings or any of that fancy stuff (which allows you to adjust the gains remotely using the 7th or 8th channels) (you do want to make sure that's not turned on in your NAZA, unless intended).

When you run the NAZA and do the Tx calibration, you can then move the sticks and see how the movements correlate to the numbers. full throttle show show as 1000

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20