Futaba Model 8J-2.4GHz

Reaction score
Just received my Futaba T8J. I am not very good with the tech stuff. Trying to prevent another fly away. Can anyone who has purchased one of these post step by step (for simple mind) on how to make it work with my Phantom? Thank you very much in advance for anyone who helps.

I have set the timers to remind me to bring the UAV back home.

Both timers start at the same time. The first timer is set to 5 mins and beeps after 5 mins to warn me to start bringing the UAV back home. The second timer goes off 2 minutes later (after 7 minutes) to say if I have not landed then do so.

Timer Settings:
Go into the 3/3 menu and select Timer
Under TMR1 - T = 5.00, MODE = DN-STP, ON SW = SWA DOWN (Switch A then is your start and stop) RS SW = SWH DOWN (Switch H becomes the reset switch)
Under TMR2 - T = 7.00, MODE = DN-STP, ON SW = SWA DOWN (Switch F starts and stops this timer), RS SW = SWH DOWN (Switch H becomes the reset switch)

Gimbal Tilt Setting (with Zenmuse)
Go into the 3/3 menu and select AUX-CHAN and then change CH5 to VR
The rotary VR knob will then adjust your Gimbal up and down.

Slowing Down the Yaw:
How to slow the yaw down on the T8J so you get better videos as the camera pans slower.
I have set my T8J TX up to do this using switch B.
Go into the 1/3 menu and select D/R EXPO then go across to CH 4,
Change SW to SWB (or whatever switch you want), flick UP switch B, now set the left and right EXP to minus 85% and save.
When switch B is up the yaw is greatly slowed down for the first half of the stick movement.
To really slow the yaw down flick SWB on. Change the EXP both to minus 85% and change the D/RS both to 50%
Remember to turn SWB off when you come down as you cannot stop the motors with SWB on with these settings.

I have the double timer set similarly, tho I use my Throttle -on to start and stop. (makes it easy to look down once I've finished flying to see my total flight time. I ran out of switches to my Switch A up is On, and switch A down resets it. (plus I I leave switch A down, the timers won't annoy me while I'm testing/making changes to the Tx settings)

I also use the smaller times to time how much time I've put on my set of AA batteries that power the Tx.

F*ing love having the Futaba, one of my favorite RC investments, a must to get once you get hooked on this hobby.
especially if you get a gimbal and fly FPV, couldn't live without it

What do you set the On SW to to turn the timers on automatically on start up? I like that idea & had not even thought of that.

MKheng said:
What do you set the On SW to to turn the timers on automatically on start up? I like that idea & had not even thought of that.

it's explained on page 42 of the manual.
set activation to ST-THR

It's the ideal setting, as the timer won't start until you give it a given amount of throttle (think mine is set to 10%).

I don't have my Tx here with me, but I think I have one timer set to count down to 4.5 minutes (the "time to fly home and land timer). and another set to count up. to beep at around 6 minutes, and then continue counting up (comes handy when testing just how long a battery will last until auto land)
think I just have switch A set to be down for reset and nothing more.

I use switch H now to do temporary manual mode.. and eery other switch for something else!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik