Futaba Excellent Service

Reaction score
Thought I share my praise for Futaba. I upgraded to the T8J controller recently and sent them an email asking if I could upgrade the left stick so it self centred. They replied with yes you need parts x, y, & z where do you want them sending to. I gave my address and asked what the cost was. Their reply was nothing, we'll send them FOC. Great service, no questions. Something you don't see a lot of these days.

MKheng said:
Thought I share my praise for Futaba. I upgraded to the T8J controller recently and sent them an email asking if I could upgrade the left stick so it self centred. They replied with yes you need parts x, y, & z where do you want them sending to. I gave my address and asked what the cost was. Their reply was nothing, we'll send them FOC. Great service, no questions. Something you don't see a lot of these days.

Something we don't seem to get in the UK from Futaba. They emailed me back with a list of the part numbers and prices:

HSP50105 SPRING HOOK for $.30
HSP50120 SWING ARM for $.07
HSP79832 SCREW 2X14 for $.07
HSP67445 SPRING for $.15
HSP82675 Battery Box for $4.75 - This is the part that holds AA batts (wasn't included on my T8J)

It also informed me how 'some' of the parts listed are on back order and could be months before they are available. They alos told me it'd be $25 to ship the $6 of parts :lol:

I'm sure if I pushed them a bit I could get them FOC from a UK dealer but sometimes I think these things come down to the rep that answers the email!

I should state I'm really not fussed by any of this as I don't really 'need' any of this kit. Just wanted it in case I sell it in the future.

DeweyAXD said:
MKheng said:

Something we don't seem to get in the UK from Futaba. They emailed me back with a list of the part numbers and prices:

HSP67445 SPRING for $.15
HSP82675 Battery Box for $4.75 - This is the part that holds AA batts (wasn't included on my T8J)

It also informed me how 'some' of the parts listed are on back order and could be months before they are available. They alos told me it'd be $25 to ship the $6 of parts :lol:

I'm sure if I pushed them a bit I could get them FOC from a UK dealer but sometimes I think these things come down to the rep that answers the email!

I should state I'm really not fussed by any of this as I don't really 'need' any of this kit. Just wanted it in case I sell it in the future.

Strange? I'm in the UK and they are sending them FOC...

neither of you got the AA battery adapter?
- perhaps ask the Futaba people what's up with that (just out of curiosity, as I can't quite see why they wouldn't do so)

I sent my first email to [email protected] saying;

Is it possible to change the left throttle stick on the Futaba T8J TX unit to a spring loaded one so that it self centres?

If so please can you advise me on how I need to do this and what components I may also need (if any)

The reply came from [email protected] which said

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

You will need to install part numbers:

HSP50105 SPRING HOOK
HSP50120 SWING ARM
HSP79832 SCREW 2X14
HSP67445 SPRING

What address do you want them sent to?

Yep that is the same address as me... weird. Maybe you got lucky and found a more tuned in person. I might try again in a month or so :lol:

DeweyAXD said:
MKheng said:

HSP67445 SPRING for $.15

Hi DeweyAXD, got my parts today and opened up the TX. One the back of the left lever is a flat square plate. I took that off and the lever self centred!!! It appears the parts are fitted to my TX and the plate which has an arm on in disengages the self centring mech..

FYI they no longer will send this to you for free. Still a pretty good deal @ about $10 shipping included. I asked the reason for the charge and it would appear too many people have requested the spring kit for free. Also, it's currently back ordered with no known date for it to be in stock.

Guys,

You do not need any magical mystical parts (free or otherwise) to make the left stick on the Futaba T8J TX self centering.

Simply unscrew the back, on the back of the left stick gimbal is a black plastic plate that holds a spring in tension.

You can either unscrew the plate and remove it completely or do as i did, unscrew it and turn it 90 degrees clockwise (so that the lug that pushes the spring mechanism is clear of the gimbal and then screw it back down (this wat you don't lose the parts in case at a later date you want to change it back again.

Should take no more than five mins to do and you only need a phillips screwdriver - no parts, no ordering... all can be done while having a cuppa-T :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4