Futaba 8J + R2008SB Install & Configuration Guide

Hi GoldfishRock,
Thank you for this installation tutorial. Precious thing that I keep safe now!
I didn't install the D switch as I didn't want to risk to trigger fail safe accidently. (maybe later)
About the VR knob, I adjusted the end points, and the gimbal start reacting as soon as I touch the pot, while being very smooth. Couldn't be smoother and more progressive!
I also followed the instruction of this video on how to smooth the sticks. I just works great! you can now yaw very very gently, which maybe (time will tell) may avoid replacing the gimbal for a H3 3D. However, In my case, I can't start the engines in this configuration.
It is probably due to the modification of the Throttle range. Did someone experienced it too?
Anyway, no big deal, flip back the switch to normal and everything is ok.

I had my first fly yesterday with it, and I feel definitely more confidence using the T8J than the original TX, more comfortable and smoother experience. I still have to check the max range, and the fail safe by turning the RC off. (No emergency)

Just want to say Thank you!

Gizmo3000 said:
Great install information!

Just one thing you could change..
-there is no need for channel mixing to set up a failsafe-switch D
you can set up a failsafe switch using just AV1, without tying up AV2 (which can then be used for other stuff)

Hi Gizmo3000, I'm about to install an LED Headlamp for my phantom 2 and was going to ditch switch D that I have for failsafe and instead use it for headlamp on/off. But after I watched your video, I was able to free channel 8 for the LED and have my switch D for failsafe! Thank you very much! :D
One more thing though :oops: Can you please give some tutorial/guidance for setting up any other switch for the LED on/off? I understand I will use AV2 with channel 8 right? I'm using the futaba T8J

Andy

sergekouper said:
Hi GoldfishRock,
Thank you for this installation tutorial. Precious thing that I keep safe now!
I didn't install the D switch as I didn't want to risk to trigger fail safe accidently. (maybe later)
About the VR knob, I adjusted the end points, and the gimbal start reacting as soon as I touch the pot, while being very smooth. Couldn't be smoother and more progressive!
I also followed the instruction of this video on how to smooth the sticks. I just works great! you can now yaw very very gently, which maybe (time will tell) may avoid replacing the gimbal for a H3 3D. However, In my case, I can't start the engines in this configuration.
It is probably due to the modification of the Throttle range. Did someone experienced it too?
Anyway, no big deal, flip back the switch to normal and everything is ok.

I had my first fly yesterday with it, and I feel definitely more confidence using the T8J than the original TX, more comfortable and smoother experience. I still have to check the max range, and the fail safe by turning the RC off. (No emergency)

Just want to say Thank you!
They reason you can't start the engines is because your yaw sensitivity is rate limited-so if you go into Naza, and move your yaw stick left or right, and it doesn't reach 1000 or -1000, you will not be able to do the CSC to start the engines.
What I do is the CSC, then throw my yaw limit switch, and fly.........when I land, I flip the switch back up, and do the CSC to quickly stop the engines(just a habit I got into-I don't like waiting 3 seconds with throttle down for the engines to stop).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.