Futaba 8J/8FG/14SG DISAPPOINTMENT

Reaction score
I just upgraded my Phantom 2 to the 14SGH and the R7008SB receiver. The flight controls are awesome. The gimbal controls fantastic. Very impressive functionality. Yet, I am extremely disappointed in the range compared to the stock tx/rx.

The stock tx/rx provided consistent range out to 2200m extending out to 3400m on one occasion.
The Futaba tx/rx on three flights extended out to 1600m on the first try then only 940m the next two flights.
Update 3/1/14: Reinstalled the stock Rx and easily reached 2200m with Futaba 14SG.

Yes the antennas are positioned at 90° to one another outside the shell unlike the out of the box Phantom config where the antennas run down the legs opposite each other.

I am going to try to configure the antennas much as DJI did with the original rx antennas and see if the results are any better.

Anyone care to share their average ranges and photos of their Futaba antenna config?

Thanks,
Matt

715 meters. Futaba T8J with both antenna's running along the right side legs-1 in front and 1 in back.
Never did try the stock transmitter.
EDIT; up to 760 meters Today!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik