Futaba 8FJ Throttle not working

Reaction score
We recently tried reverting back to the stock DJI radio from the Futaba 8FJ since we want to use the Futaba on another copter. Now sure why, but the stock radio wasn't working and not even recognized by NAZA (switched everything back to factory, and traditional instead of d bus).
So then we went back to the Futaba, which was recognized by NAZA. Recalibrated and changed back to d bus.
Upon the first test flight again, everything worked fine, the props spun for take off.
HOWEVER, now the throttle isnt working. We can't get it off the ground.
No settings were changed on the Futaba itself. Is there anything in NAZA we need to change?
We re-calibrated the Futaba as well as the copter and all motions are recognized.
Seems odd that only throttle up/down isn't working. Hoping its an easy fix.

Any comments or advise appreciated!
Thanks

calipilot said:
We recently tried reverting back to the stock DJI radio from the Futaba 8FJ since we want to use the Futaba on another copter. Now sure why, but the stock radio wasn't working and not even recognized by NAZA (switched everything back to factory, and traditional instead of d bus).
So then we went back to the Futaba, which was recognized by NAZA. Recalibrated and changed back to d bus.
Upon the first test flight again, everything worked fine, the props spun for take off.
No settings were changed on the Futaba itself. Is there anything in NAZA we need to change?
We re-calibrated the Futaba as well as the copter and all motions are recognized.

Thanks

That's very odd.
so in the NAZA it shows full throttle movement all across the range?
and when you say it's not getting off the ground, do the engines spin up or react to throttle in any way, especially after the 50% threshold?
..and you're sure you put your shell top back on properly and not 90 degrees wrong?

In the future, you can pick up extra Rx's and bind them so that you can run multiple craft with one Tx. (my eventual plan perhaps)

Ya, in NAZA all motions are registering in movement. Any yes, moving the throttle at all does not register with the copter.
When putting both sticks diagnol and center the engines fire up and props spin, but then moving throttle we get nothing.
Even assigned all gains to the knob and tried turning that up and still nothing...

The shell top I am not sure about, as my friend was the one who had opened it and previously (and successfully) installed the futaba.

Would we blatantly notice the shell top on wrong, like things wouldn't line up?

calipilot said:
Ya, in NAZA all motions are registering in movement. Any yes, moving the throttle at all does not register with the copter.
When putting both sticks diagnol and center the engines fire up and props spin, but then moving throttle we get nothing.
Even assigned all gains to the knob and tried turning that up and still nothing...

The shell top I am not sure about, as my friend was the one who had opened it and previously (and successfully) installed the futaba.

Would we blatantly notice the shell top on wrong, like things wouldn't line up?

So when you put the throttle up over 50%,. it revs up? or not at all?

You can tell if the shell is on wrong by looking at the grooves for the red stickers, indicating the front. that should line up with the grooves on the lower shell.

calipilot said:
The shell top I am not sure about....Would we blatantly notice the shell top on wrong, like things wouldn't line up?

No. The method I've used to get things back together like they came apart was to put marks on the body parts prior to taking them apart. That being said, I can't see it would make a whit of difference if you didn't get it back the way it was before. The only component installed in the top half is the GPS antenna, and it ought to work regardless of orientation - after all, the Phantom rotates in flight normally, and that has no effect on performance.

calipilot said:

Thanks

I have the exact problem with same radio Futaba 8fg, All functions through naza work, motor start up, but no throttle response after motors are activated.. Please Help...

(repost from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1077&p=8956#p8956) I have the same exact problem with my new naza v2. Setup looks perfect, followed all the youtube videos. Arm the naza v2, motors spin up to idle but no throttle response at all. All other stick directions work and rev the motors, but throttle (even past 50%) does nothing! I've changed out ESCs to DJI octo 30a ones hoping they would work, still nothing.

By the way, the stock transmitter for the Phantom is neither "traditional" or "D-bus" as it is a PPM type.

I've just swapped to a Futaba T14SG & R7008SB, ensure you reset/flash the IMU to default settings first and you'll have no issues at all.

Racklefratz said:
calipilot said:
The shell top I am not sure about....Would we blatantly notice the shell top on wrong, like things wouldn't line up?

No. The method I've used to get things back together like they came apart was to put marks on the body parts prior to taking them apart. That being said, I can't see it would make a whit of difference if you didn't get it back the way it was before. The only component installed in the top half is the GPS antenna, and it ought to work regardless of orientation - after all, the Phantom rotates in flight normally, and that has no effect on performance.

The reason the shell has to be proper is that the arrows showing direction are on the shell arms. If you turn the top shell 90 degrees when reassembling then the counter-clockwise arrows will cause you to put counter-clockwise props on a clockwise motor. And vice versa.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic