Futaba 8FGH

Reaction score
The difference is that the package from DSLRPros includes the R6208SB receiver which I believe sells for over $100 by itself. The TX from DSLRPros comes programmed with their profile set-up in airplane mode. If you call Futaba tech support, they will mail you the throttle stick centering spring kit for free. I have had great service from DSLRPros. They also sell a Lipo battery that will power the Futaba.

andysydney said:
The difference is that the package from DSLRPros includes the R6208SB receiver which I believe sells for over $100 by itself. The TX from DSLRPros comes programmed with their profile set-up in airplane mode. If you call Futaba tech support, they will mail you the throttle stick centering spring kit for free. I have had great service from DSLRPros. They also sell a Lipo battery that will power the Futaba.

The Futaba T8FGS I bought for the same price at Altanta Hobby also included the receiver. In fact, all the T8FGS transmitters I've seen online come with the receiver.

I guess I'm not a big fan of companies that do a few tweeks to someone elses product, then put their name on it. ;)

@Desertflyer I don't see that model on ATL website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DesertFlyer53 said:

I guess I'm not a big fan of companies that do a few tweeks to someone elses product, then put their name on it. ;)

That means you don't use computers? ;)

This is just wrong I tell you, wrong! :mrgreen:

Attachments

• lfutk8010.jpg
    lfutk8010.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 738
  • MakeThumbImage.jpg
    MakeThumbImage.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 750
DesertFlyer53 said:

I kind of think the made it ugly... but I have to admit- DSLRPros has established itself as one of the more top shelf companies of it's type... but as always, let the buyer beware.

I hated having to learn my new Futaba... but I know that the pain will lead to gain. I am no longer intimidated by the thing, and sort of look forward to future programming
(somebody slap me for that, m'kay?)

Hiway said:
DesertFlyer53 said:

I kind of think the made it ugly... but I have to admit- DSLRPros has established itself as one of the more top shelf companies of it's type... but as always, let the buyer beware.

I hated having to learn my new Futaba... but I know that the pain will lead to gain. I am no longer intimidated by the thing, and sort of look forward to future programming

I've never bought from DSLRPros but I've checked out their website. Some of their stuff is overpriced.

Same here. I never owned a computerized radio before getting this T8FGS. At first is was tough to learn but now that's I've been playing with it, it's not all that bad! And I love the programability it offers. Beauty Clark! :)

I bought my Phan 2 in February. Since then I have purchased extra battery, case, FS goggles, Black Pearl Diversity monitor and now it looks like I got to get a radio. This is starting to become addictive. SMH

DesertFlyer53 said:
Hiway said:
DesertFlyer53 said:

I've never bought from DSLRPros but I've checked out their website. Some of their stuff is overpriced.

Same here. I never owned a computerized radio before getting this T8FGS. At first is was tough to learn but now that's I've been playing with it, it's not all that bad! And I love the programability it offers. Beauty Clark! :)

What's tough to learn about it? I thinking I can buy it and download Ianwood profile to get started then may tweak later. Does that sound ideal?

I been already talk about a 550. I started with a Blade 350QX in Dec. Made the switch and now the Blade is seating in the case.

extrememc said:
What's tough to learn about it? I thinking I can buy it and download Ianwood profile to get started then may tweak later. Does that sound ideal?

Well, to begin with, the owners manual is 139 pages. :shock:

Yup, that's exactly what I did. ianwoods profile is great!

DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:

If I am correct you changed your RX correct?

extrememc said:
DesertFlyer53 said:
extrememc said:

If I am correct you changed your RX correct?

Nope. Just the transmitter. The stock P2 receiver works fine with this radio. The process to bind the two together takes only a minute. The procedure to do that is in the P2 manual.

Amazon prime I could have it by Friday. Decisions :!:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers