Futaba 8FG vs 8J

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am about to upgrade my stock transmitter and am not sure whether I should get the 8J, which seems to be a rock solid performer with the phantom and the bundled receiver R2008SB seems to work out of the box or should I go the 8FG unit with the R6208SB receiver?

The 8FG seems a bit more fiddly to get working with the Phantom, from what I have read? However, with these things the more you read, the more confused you get!

Am I biting off more than I can chew with the 8FG? I like the features a little more and with the probability of moving to FPV soon, I prefer the metal handle (potentially for attaching a screen to, from what I have seen) and some of the features. Not that I know a lot yet about that.

So, in summary, should I just bite the bullet, get the 8J, get used to that and then maybe upgrade to the 8FG later or go for the 8FG now? Money being no object, of course :lol:

I've been using my T8J with my Phantom as well as my newer F450, and have yet to regret not getting the FG, which really is a bit of overkill. it's better to just put the money towards the FPV setup. (many prefer goggles vs a monitor)

Gizmo3000 said:
I've been using my T8J with my Phantom as well as my newer F450, and have yet to regret not getting the FG, which really is a bit of overkill. it's better to just put the money towards the FPV setup. (many prefer goggles vs a monitor)
Thanks, good answer. Any comments on "Integrated FASST 2.4GHz design" vs "Futaba S-FHSS 2.4GHz security"?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20