Futaba 8FG Super or Futaba 14SG for Phantom 2?

Hiway said:
In about 3 to 5 years, when I have another Phantom, this one in pieces and salvaged for parts, the rc eye one extreme (just got it and it's tits on a ritz) fully set up, a 350 and 2 550's with custom crap I wasted money on, and then build the quad to end all quads I will most likely be holding the next edition of whatever frsky has to offer, as I will understand it and appreciate it.

I have been tossing out old digital proportional radios and nicad chargers, and a mess of r/c crap these last few days- found an old futaba in the box and remembered why I always raced with them originally...

...know anyone who wants a team losi xxx-s or an old super modified traxxas stadium truck with insane torque? How about a 1/18 scale losi truck with mamba... fully loaded. I am literally looking to drop the stuff for cost of shipping at this point- no hobbyists around me want the stuff- most of it is too old, obsolete, or already owned.

Some of these old boxes have been packed for over 15 years- I found an entire collection of White Wings (advanced paper airplanes- very cool) and a pretty expensive selection of rare yo-yos, a complete study in Tamiya mini-4wd cars (I used to totally own the local track when it was hot years ago) and I have 3 more boxes yet to open and rifle through.

My point in this diatribe, is that I have no less than 9 radios... only have 4 vehicles they went with... back in the day, that was what had me spending coin like balls. Too many radios for various applications.

I'm keeping that old futaba though- it still has the original rx's and everything as they were never used.

omg, you've just given me flashback of 20+ years ago to my 1/12 electric offroading time... I had a Team Losi car with JR Propo tx back then. And I remember white wings too.. now there's a gadget where you can power and control paper airplanes :shock: ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/393 ... r-airplane ).

Heck, offload those stuff on Ebay (especially the yo-yos) and unburden your mind! :lol:

LeoS said:
..... now there's a gadget where you can power and control paper airplanes :shock: ( http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/393 ... r-airplane ).

Holy shyte! I feel like I am feckin Rip Van Winkle waking up after 20 years of sleeping through the fun and games.

I raised an autistic kid into her adulthood... and with the expense of single parenthood that last decade before my nest became empty, it was down to basics in survival; r/c was so far off the radar to be honest.

Now- I must stop digressing this thread- I have a horrible habit of straying off topic; my sincere apologies to the author and readers who are actually checking in here for info, and not inane rambling. :oops:

@Hiway: I know, right :p

And I also want to apologize for going off topic on this thread... going back to Futabas... does anyone know the answers to these:

1). Phantom's receiver work with Futaba's FASST. Do they also use that feature with Phantom's stock transmitter? Or is it disabled you use the stock transmitter?

2). Is there any flight time changes, when you replace Phantom's receiver with Futaba's? How much?

LeoS said:
@Hiway: I know, right :p

And I also want to apologize for going off topic on this thread... going back to Futabas... does anyone know the answers to these:

1). Phantom's receiver work with Futaba's FASST. Do they also use that feature with Phantom's stock transmitter? Or is it disabled you use the stock transmitter?

2). Is there any flight time changes, when you replace Phantom's receiver with Futaba's? How much?

1. I think that stock Tx don't use FASST.

2. Will not affect time of fight.

LeoS said:
Hiway said:
I am about to press "confirm" in the next 6 hours on a new Futaba 8FGH Super.

After spending a lot of time reading over threads here and other places, and doing my level best to understand possible future options and quads I may want to build or buy, I get the impression this would carry me through into the next half decade or more without fear of obsolescence (subjectively speaking)

...so... anybody got any reasons why I would be wrong in my thinking? Am I missing something crucial with my amateur assessment?

Have you seen FrSky Taranis?

Can you bind a Tanaris to a Phantom 2 rx?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj