Futaba 10J

Reaction score
First of all I want to apologize if this has been posted/asked already. Im new to the forum and have done alot of searching all over the internet, but I want to ask some of the experts on here.

I just purchased a Futaba 10J and as far as installation, if I understand what I've seen correctly I just need to plug in the 3 pin S-Bus cable. But after opening up the P2, there are actually 2 3 pin cables coming from the NAZA to the stock Rx. So, which one do I plug in?

Programming will be another task in and of itself. If anyone has any help to offer on that as well it would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get the installation correct before powering it up. I dont want to let the magic smoke out of the P2. Alot of the video's and posts I've seen seem to refer more to the P1 when doing this.

Thanks in advance!

I have the 10J and 'converted' my P2 a few weeks ago.

Did you get the heli or plane version? I have the plane version.

The only difference is the type of switches in two positions (C & G I think).
This results in all three of my used program switches are on the right side (top) of the Tx (flight mode, IOC, and fail-safe).

The heli version will allow the IOC switch to be on the left as you are used to with the stock Tx.

Unfortunately I am away from the house and quad for a week on biz so I cannot help you much more at this time since I don't trust MY memory with YOUR quad. Having said that, I believe the sBus is the cable at the rear of the stock Tx and the other is for gimbal tilt (not used anymore).

I will say this, it is easy and you CAN use the muti-rotor model type if you wish.

I do have the Heli version. I did switch the TX to Multicopter mode. As far as that I honestly have no clue how to program it from there. I cant find ANY turtorials or videos on the 10J. I can find a bunch of of the 8J and the 14SG. If you can provide ANYTHING that would be great. Its very possible thats its easier than Im making it too. If its like the 8J or the 14SG then I can study up on those and go from there. Thanks!

I got it all up and running. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going. I have not taken it out for a long flight yet because it has been raining and I also haven't had time. The next thing I have to figure out is how I get the telemetry from the NAZA to the Futaba.

Cperdue,

Just had a quick moment....
Regarding telemetry, you will automatically get Rx voltage but anything else will require a Futaba accessory.
I have only added the external voltage connection to monitor the P2 battery. I connected it to one of the ESC Vcc feed points. Currently I don't have any plans now to add any other Futaba telem modules.

Glad u found it easy to integrate the new Tx/Rx.

We also purchased a 10J and we're having difficulty finding information on setting up a Phantom 2. Also changing from quadcopter mode. Any tutorials you found or can point us to would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've still to take my Phantom 2 for it's 1st flight but already looking at at the 10J as a nice replacement for the toy looking TX that comes with the quad. I might be back looking for help guys ;-)

jagnew said:
I've still to take my Phantom 2 for it's 1st flight but already looking at at the 10J as a nice replacement for the toy looking TX that comes with the quad. I might be back looking for help guys ;-)

Make no mistake, the stock Tx is fine and there's lots of people getting enormous range with it.

The newer, 3rd party, radios allow use with multiple models (receivers) as you grow in the hobby, can be bought with more channels, and have programm-abilty to enhance or customize the flight control characteristics.

N017RW said:
jagnew said:

Make no mistake, the stock Tx is fine and there's lots of people getting enormous range with it.

The newer, 3rd party, radios allow use with multiple models (receivers) as you grow in the hobby, can be bought with more channels, and have programm-abilty to enhance or customize the flight control characteristics.

I was hoping to use my DX8 transmitter but then read it was not possible with the Spektrum so decided I will sell that one and move to the 10J. I have just this minute placed my order and should have it at the weekend. Do you know if there is a good setup video for the 1oJ and Phantom 2 on youtube?

jagnew said:
N017RW said:
jagnew said:

I was hoping to use my DX8 transmitter but then read it was not possible with the Spektrum so decided I will sell that one and move to the 10J. I have just this minute placed my order and should have it at the weekend. Do you know if there is a good setup video for the 1oJ and Phantom 2 on youtube?

Sent a PM

The newer, 3rd party, radios allow use with multiple models (receivers) as you grow in the hobby, can be bought with more channels, and have programm-abilty to enhance or customize the flight control characteristics.[/quote]

I was hoping to use my DX8 transmitter but then read it was not possible with the Spektrum so decided I will sell that one and move to the 10J. I have just this minute placed my order and should have it at the weekend. Do you know if there is a good setup video for the 1oJ and Phantom 2 on youtube?[/quote]

Sent a PM[/quote]

Thanks M8, you know I got the PM by now.

Well I have my new radio and although I haven't swapped over the RX yet, I have programmed the TX. I want to give the Phantom a flight or 2 on the stock TX just to make sure it is all ok. Weather was crap today so hope to get out tomorrow.

For setup video, you can just llok for T8J and Phantom1... it's basically the same!

Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj