Furthest distance flown and with what mods?

Reaction score
Just curios as to what distance some of you all are reaching and with what mods are you using to reach them?

4.5Km max distance with DJI Lightbridge on the phantom 3.
With my Vision plus which uses the same systems as the vision, i was looking at around 1.2Km raw. I Installed a range extender mod Level 1 which allowed me an extra 200m to play with.
Regards

Reactions: Chris3500
Since this is the Vision forum, I'll put in my two cents...

I've gone just over 1,000 ft but I'm just getting started. I haven't been pushing it too hard. When the control gets flaky I ease it back. The control has an antenna mod and I've been using a 6 db omni. I improved the range of the FPV by buying an E700 range extender used for $50 and free shipping on eBay. Stock antennas on that. The FPV video was good to 1,000 ft. I'm planning to mod the RE and add two boosters and I will test more antennas and also plan to add pinwheels to the bird. So there's a lot of potential upside. I'll check in later to update.

8f48e8f69fe431f517b91e9d5acd8128.jpg

Since this is the Vision forum, I'll put in my two cents...

I've gone just over 1,000 ft but I'm just getting started. I haven't been pushing it too hard. When the control gets flaky I ease it back. The control has an antenna mod and I've been using a 6 db omni. I improved the range of the FPV by buying an E700 range extender used for $50 and free shipping on eBay. Stock antennas on that. The FPV video was good to 1,000 ft. I'm planning to mod the RE and add two boosters and I will test more antennas and also plan to add pinwheels to the bird. So there's a lot of potential upside. I'll check in later to update.
Is the vision sub forum mark .
8432' with stage 3 FPVLR's .
Good luck with your mods :)

Reactions: Chris3500
With both the quad and transmitter antenna upgrades and the 700 extender, last year I made just under 10,000 feet and chickened out. Too far away for me. Too chicken. Don't want to loose it. Main reason I don't fly over water.

I get about 1000 feet with no mods with P2V and I've gone out to 4600 feet with my P3. Altitude in the range of 250-300 ft

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Which kind of mods can you do on the vision, not the +? Watch a video, and bought the cables and antennas, but when I opened the bird, I saw that it did not have the wifi box in it..... could not see where I can mod the quad either....

The Vision was designed with the wifi module and wifi antennas inside the camera housing.

You can do both mods to your Vision.

Black Glue of Death removal instructions | DJI Phantom Forum

However, before you do them, you might read the Phantom 2 Vision + antenna mods forum and read the ITELITE thread as well as the FPVLR thread. Opinions are split on which route to take on mods.

You also might go on ebay and buy yourself an RE700 to replace your RE500. You can get them for around $50. Range will instantly improve 50%.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20