Full refund on my P3A, should I get the mavic instead?

Reaction score
Well.... After 2 months with the P3A I had gimble issues and the shop will credit my account straight away before I returned the actual phantom. (That's what you call customer service. Are you listening Dji?) Anyway I was thinking of putting the refund towards the magic, it's small, portable, has a few more options and also little longer flight time. But.... Is it worth it do you think? I know many people will say go for it. But I have so many extra's like extra battery, case, props, etc... And the flight time is great for me as it is. I know I will be missing out some options like collision sensors but to me I never fly in an area that will be needed anyway. Hmmm.... Kinda thinking this through.

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you decide to buy a Mavic, you're probably not going to be flying for a while. There are many people ahead of you still waiting for their orders to be fulfilled.

I will receive it on the 17 November at the latest but it will be even later as I would have to make up the price difference as it's selling for £999 and I bought my P3A for £650. Not sure if it's worth it to be honest for a few extra features that I don't need like collision detection as I always fly above the trees

Yep -- it's not for everyone. If the P3A met your needs, then maybe save some cash and get another P3A.

Reactions: Neon Euc
But I have so many extra's like extra battery, case, props, etc... And the flight time is great for me as it is. I know I will be missing out some options like collision sensors but to me I never fly in an area that will be needed anyway.

Think perhaps you answered your own question and made the decision to stay with the P3.

Curious as to why you mentioned DJI and customer service - have you had issues with them or just mentioning that since it seems a lot have in the past? I have never had to deal directly with their customer service so really can't comment. However, IMO there seems to be a lot of satisfied customers who have - surely they are not that bad!

Money is not always the deciding factor. Think calmly, what will give you better feelings and satisfaction, go for that.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I think I will decide to stay with the P3A as it does all I need. The main thing which made me think about getting the mavic was simply the costs of the OEM battery price. At around £60 that is a really good price

Reactions: Reed L
The Mavic has a number or feature over the P3's not just a few. It is certainly more portable, 4k over the P3A, obstacle avoidance, OcuSync transmission system AKA more range, faster, more flight time and I am sure a few others I forgot.

Yes as pointed out price is always a factor.

The Mavic has a number or feature over the P3's not just a few. It is certainly more portable, 4k over the P3A, obstacle avoidance, OcuSync transmission system AKA more range, faster, more flight time and I am sure a few others I forgot.
I have a list of the new features here.

I have a list of the new features here.
Thanks msinger for the list. I did have a look and came to the conclusion that I will stick with the P3A. I shouldn't be to long to get it as they credited my account before I even took the drone back (very trusting I have to say) and as luck would have it they dropped the price by £80 so I reordered it and picked up an extra battery too (OEM battery) I got my 3rd party up for sale lol just to be on the safe side

Do you record in 2.7k? If you are still recording in 1080p, it should be a no brainer that you do not need the mavic. It comes down to does what you have already do the job? If so, keep it, if not, change it. Glad to see you made the decision that suits you. :)

Do you record in 2.7k? If you are still recording in 1080p, it should be a no brainer that you do not need the mavic. It comes down to does what you have already do the job? If so, keep it, if not, change it. Glad to see you made the decision that suits you. :)
Thanks mnewxcv

I don't really need 4K and even then 2.7k is more then enough for me. Even 1080p is all I need. I will get the mavic one day but no need just yet [emoji4]

Have had my P3A for 8 months know 2.7k is all I need excellent video on my TVs. Incident free with 200+ks in flight just love it.....
Best piece of gear I've ever bought....

If you decide to buy a Mavic, you're probably not going to be flying for a while. There are many people ahead of you still waiting for their orders to be fulfilled.
Not to mention the inevitable glitches and bugs that are sure to be discovered once the thing gets into the hands of consumers. That will take a while to get sorted, and if it causes a crash, will take even longer to get repaired/replaced while the Mavic Pro is winding its way through DJIs manufacturing/shipping debacle.

OTOH, there is a significant disparity between the P3A and the Mavic. If I were you, I'd put that P3A money toward a Phantom 4. If you want to wait for the next model up, you'll very possibly be able to get a functional Phantom 4 Pro, or maybe Phantom 5 by the time the Mavic is fully up and running in consumers' hands.

Not to mention the inevitable glitches and bugs that are sure to be discovered once the thing gets into the hands of consumers. That will take a while to get sorted, and if it causes a crash, will take even longer to get repaired/replaced while the Mavic Pro is winding its way through DJIs manufacturing/shipping debacle.

OTOH, there is a significant disparity between the P3A and the Mavic. If I were you, I'd put that P3A money toward a Phantom 4. If you want to wait for the next model up, you'll very possibly be able to get a functional Phantom 4 Pro, or maybe Phantom 5 by the time the Mavic is fully up and running in consumers' hands.
Mavic's are about to hit the shelves. When is the next phantoms eta? You will be able to fly a mavic well before the next phantom.

Mavic's are about to hit the shelves. When is the next phantoms eta? You will be able to fly a mavic well before the next phantom.

Maybe, but I don't think we fully understand the magnitude nor the implications of DJI's Mavic marketing blunder yet.

When is the next phantoms eta?
I don't think we'll see the Phantom 5 until around March 2017. The Phantom 4 Pro could be out this year though. DJI just registered it with the FCC yesterday, so the release date is probably getting close.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan