Full FPV flight test with my recently pimped Phantom

Reaction score
Here is a full FPV flight, nothing too crazy I tried that on the next flight and it ended in tears or at least 2 broken carbon props :cry: Lucky I have a couple spares but I didn't bring them so I only did the flight and a bit here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv0MQWlHulk[/youtube]

Here are a couple pics of my Phantom as it was in this flight after my latest mods.

ezkn.jpg

mxvi.jpg

Here is a full FPV flight at night, not ideal time to shoot with a GoPro but still gives an interesting perspective.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aM_rGst3Tc[/youtube]

Are your props balanced?
I'm still having vibration issues.

This is very smooth.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have done pretty much everything I can to get smoother footage witbout a gimbal. Balanced props with the Dubro balancer, using some better quality 8045 carbon props but also the stock dji props do pretty well just not as good at higher speeds. I tried some other 8x5 carbon graupner clone props but these were a big fail, very well built and strong but had lots less lift and the quad also very unstable with them at low rpm no matter what I tried with gains.

Anti jello mount with a basic rubber band arou d it to stiffen it up a little and nd filters for nearly all daylight flights. did change motors to tiger motors mt-2216 after one of my stock ines got a little damaged in a crash, the motors I didnt do any balancing but they are smoother then the stock ones I think and a little more efficient. These 2 flights were also in pretty much dead calm conditions flown in atti mode. I dont think any one thing is the key just getting each part as smooth as possible but balancing props properly is the first step you need to take as most vibrations are from this and even when using a nearly full stock phantom it made a huge difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20