Full charge time of P3A/P3P controller

Reaction score
Does anyone know the time it takes to charge the RC assuming it is completely dead using the P3A charger and also the time it would take to charge it using the P3P charger, thanks!

It'll take about 1 hour for the P3P charger and 1.5 hours for the P3A charger.
I believe those are the times for the Phantom battery, I am referring to the controller, it seems to take longer to charge

It'll take about 1 hour for the P3P charger and 1.5 hours for the P3A charger.

That is incorrect. That's how long it takes to charge the P3 battery.

Using a P3P charger, it takes roughly 4-5 hours to charge the controller to full. The LED on the controller will turn off when fully charged.

I guess what I am wanting to know is if the controller charges at the same rate with either the P3A or P3P charger. Thanks!

I believe those are the times for the Phantom battery, I am referring to the controller, it seems to take longer to charge
Yep.

In a FAQ post on the DJI forum, a DJI employee is also saying it takes 4-5 hours. I haven't personally compared both chargers, but DJI is indicating the charge time is the same for both chargers.

Concur with Kman. 4-5 hours from empty with Pro charger. If RC is like aircraft battery Advanced charger is 43% slower.

Does anyone know the time it takes to charge the RC assuming it is completely dead using the P3A charger and also the time it would take to charge it using the P3P charger, thanks!

thats why a charger that charges 3 batts and the RC at the same time is good to have... it saves alot of charge time....

thats why a charger that charges 3 batts and the RC at the same time is good to have... it saves alot of charge time....
Don't those charges usually charge in series and not in parallel?
If so you are looking at the same charge times, but you can just leave everything plugged in and forget about it.

I have 2 100 watt pro chargers, and the 4 battery hub. I can charge the 4 flight batteries in about the same time (usually faster) then the controller battery - if all are discharged.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4