FS: 2-axis MotorPixie design gimbal

Reaction score
I'm selling my MotorPixie design gimbal, I built. I just received a Gopro camera as a gift, so I decided to convert my vision to a gopro, zenmuse, FPV system.

specs:

3D printed parts are Nylon and printed by Shapeways.
Turnigy 2206-140kv brushless gimbal motors
control board & IMU (from a Taco 3D gimbal)
Power switch
Total weight 311 grams (with the FC200)

Simple plug and plug setup. $100
shipped (FC200 in the photos is not included)

(The FC200 camera is currently for sale on Ebay) http://www.ebay.com/itm/201190552483?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrWPmtUsfLI[/youtube]

410072510.jpg

410072508.jpg

410072506.jpg

410072505.jpg

96vette said:
I'm selling my MotorPixie design gimbal, I built. I just received a Gopro camera as a gift, so I decided to convert my vision to a gopro, zenmuse, FPV system.

specs:

3D printed parts are Nylon and printed by Shapeways.
Turnigy 2206-140kv brushless gimbal motors
control board & IMU (from a Taco 3D gimbal)
Power switch
Total weight 311 grams (with the FC200)

Simple plug and plug setup. $175 shipped (FC200 in the photos is not included)

(The FC200 camera is currently for sale on Ebay) http://www.ebay.com/itm/201190552483?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Are you going to be building these and selling them on an ongoing basis? I like the price...

-slinger

no, this was just a one time thing for me, in fact it cost quite a bit more to build than what I'm asking. The 3D printing alone was over $200

96vette said:
no, this was just a one time thing for me, in fact it cost quite a bit more to build than what I'm asking. The 3D printing alone was over $200

There actually is a Gopro add-on option for the MotorPixie. But if you don't have a 3D printer the parts are pretty expensive from Shapeways :-(

DKDarkness said:
96vette said:

There actually is a Gopro add-on option for the MotorPixie. But if you don't have a 3D printer the parts are pretty expensive from Shapeways :-(

Terje:

Have you ever flown with a RotorPixel gimbal? I'm just curious about a direct comparison. The MotorPixie also looks pretty rugged...

-slinger

96vette said:

A new business just opened up down the street from me. All they do is 3D printing. I'm wondering how much it'd cost to have him whip up the bits and pieces... I'm going to check this out at next opportunity.

Thanks for the info...
-slinger

gunslinger said:
DKDarkness said:
96vette said:

Terje:

Have you ever flown with a RotorPixel gimbal? I'm just curious about a direct comparison. The MotorPixie also looks pretty rugged...

-slinger

I have never flown the RotorPixel, so I don't know how it compares. I haven't been able to break the MotorPixie gimbal. It has taken a direct drop from 50m (onto march like grass) caused by vibration from carbon props, direct impact from 25 km/h to tumbling halt onto short grass due to "hey 50% battery, better auto land while going 25 km/h at 2 feet altitude). I'd say it is pretty rugged - depnding on print quality of course. If you are only looking for a GoPro enclosure, I've designed for the RotorPixel as well (never tested) :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers