Fry's Return Policy Discrepancies

Reaction score
So I purchased a brand new P3 4K last week at a local Fry's. After a couple of days the video feed kept dropping. Sometimes it would reconnect, sometimes it wouldn't. I waited around 10 minutes once waiting for the video signal before taking off. Quite unnerving when the signal drops while in flight. After 2 more days of this, uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Go, then Litchi. Sometimes it would work sometimes it didn't.
Yesterday I made my mind up to return it. I called Fry's dotcom and talked to a real person and after explaining what happened he told me I shouldn't have a problem exchanging it. I asked about the possibility of going to a different Fry's since this one was closer than the Fry's I bought from and he said the policy is the same store to store so long as you have the original receipt. Which I did.
So I appear at this Fry's, go to the CS booth and was greeted by a nice girl, who after getting the information called a sales associate to verify the P3 in order to make the exchange. A somewhat friendly middle eastern man, who after listening told me the drone was not returnable. After a exchange, I told him to show me where it says that a drone is not returnable if there is a factory defect. After searching on the Fry's website he could not show me that information. During this, he left me several times to take what appeared to me as personal calls. After a few minutes, he goes off, then returns with another gentleman, middle eastern again, who again tells me that the drone is not returnable, and that if it was, the manager of the store would have to approve and over ride the computer with a password. I said ok, where's the manager, and was told there was not one on duty. I said there's no assistant manager or designee on duty? He replied no, there was no one there that could provide an override password. As I was gathering up the P3 and receipt, I told him that this whole thing was BS, that I knew there was someone there that could approve the return/exchange and he knew it. As I was doing this his lips were twitching as trying to suppress a laugh.
So I go to the original store, about 25 miles away to make an attempt there. I walk in, greeting again by a CS person. I explain the problem with the drone, show her the sales receipt, she calls a latino manager up, who doesn't even open the box up. He asks me what the problem is, I tell him the video has severe dropouts. At that point he goes to the CS computer, enters his password, and I get a store credit just like that.

Now you tell me if that was racial bias or not. And I know there are **shol** in every color.

call hq and repot your return also call that stores manager and report it

Fry's is clear about their drone return policy. There are signs in the stores at the displays.

IMG_1462.jpg
IMG_1554.jpg
IMG_1555.jpg

use to live in phx but here in florida we have none

Fry's is clear about their drone return policy. There are signs in the stores at the displays.

There were no signs like that in the store that took my return. In fact when I bought the original one the cashier told me that the only way I could return it was if it was a factory defect and they would examine it thoroughly. And it wasn't stocked nearly that well. Only had a P3 Pro that didn't have the anti tamper cords around it (open box, not sealed) and the new P4.

At first, i was wondering why you were including the ethnicity. But i would just report the company and experience. But on that note, compared to the pics in this thread, i guess you are not allowed to return. Oh well. Overall, i would remove race from your experience and just report the wrongdoing that you felt was wrong

Reactions: flpholt

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl