Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Frustration with connecting new iPad Pro to P3P

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by CCDD, Apr 3, 2016.

1. CCDD

Purchased a new iPad Pro 9.7in with cellular yesterday and can't get it to link up with DJI Go app. Did a complete backup from prior iPad Air 2 which was using version DJI Go vers. 2.4.3 without ever a problem. Restored new iPad with this backup several times and still no luck. Went ahead and even tried deleting 2.4.3 and downloading the newest 2.7.1, still no connection to app. By the way, the RC is linking to my P3P. FWIW, I do have an iPad Mini 2 which has the same 2.4.3 and that is connecting without a problem. Even tried restoring new iPad Pro with backup from Mini and it still won't connect. Have tried many different cables so that isn't the issue. Anyone have any thoughts before I return the iPad?

2. rwakins

I'm wouldn't connect last week so I did a hard reboot to my iPad and pulled the battery out of my p3p and restarted everything again and it connected.

3. CCDD

I've tried that as well. Keep in mind, it is connecting to my other iPad running the same version of app..

4. Multicoptertec

Try this: turn everything off (not the iPad, but no app running). On the iPad, double press the home button, and swipe all apps upward to kill them. Next, turn on the RC, the P3P, and then the Go App, in that order. Select the P3 Pro from the Go App home screen. Press the Camera button. What happens?

Zeprider likes this.
  5. Multicoptertec

If this doesn't work, unplug the USB cable, then reconnect it.

6. CCDD

Still no luck with this, iPad Pro will be swapped out for another later today.

7. CCDD

Problem resolved, apparently backup was corrupt and had to wipe clean the iPad and set up as new and download newest version of Go App.