Frustrating problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've got a frustrating problem I'm sure someone can help with.
First here's the basics: got my first dji 3s about 8 weeks ago. Fly it almost every day. I think I've worked out all the problems etc that I would expect and so last week I updated the firmware.
I'm now running 3.1.1 on the dji app and 1.7.9 on the bird.
Here's my new problem: regardless of where I fly it- I'm getting a rc signal loss warning, typically at around 200ft up, no more that 300 -500 feet out. This is in open fields, no obstacles. It's happened it three completely different locations. Today it happened at 190ft up, maybe 100 foot out. It initiated a return to home (thankful I was able get control and keep it out of the trees).
What can I do? This is ridiculous. My kid has a $50 drone that seems to go farther and my neighbor has a bebop 2 that doesn't have all problems (yes, I know I get to take better video etc)
Didn't have this problem before the firmware upgrade (was able to take it up 500ft etc)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Don't have any experience with a Standard, but it's clearly not working correctly. Perhaps you should repost in the Standard/4K section?

On the phone app it only lists a dji3 section for
Me to post to, no difference between standard and pro. Sorry. Will look into that

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Downgrade the fw...
Also check for a loose antenna wire, I'm sure you have the antenna pointed right but I still have to say it, your antenna should be pointing straight with the flat part, which has the most strength, needs to be pointing at the ac, so the tips point 90° away.
They do make a wind surfer for it.
https://www.amazon.com/SKYREAT-Para...sr=8-1&keywords=phantom+3+standard+windsurfer
Watch the videos - DJI Tutorials
then watch the flying videos in the pro section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4