Frustrated with DJI

Man that stinks.....and I'm guessing that came from a "no reply" email address....meaning if you reply to it, you will never get an answer anyway, so there's probably no point in trying that! I think at this point I would try the old "let me talk to someone above you" theory, and keep trying to per say climb the ladder of importance until I was able to talk to someone who seemed to know what to do, OR had the power to get people in gear there! This is pretty disgusting to see happening, you really expect a company of their caliber to put more emphasis on taking care of their paying customers who they hope to be pleased returning customers, but instead, I highly doubt you will ever buy from them again, and I'm probably not either!!

The irony of all of this is that just today I got an email from DJI saying my P3 has shipped and will be delivered on Wednesday! Not a word from them on the P2V+ but at least I'll have something to fly.

A bit of a bummer because I wanted to sell the P2 to pay for the P3 but I can't really sell it until I have it back and see it is in working condition.

Steveeds--I'm tried calling them several times now.. Unfortunately, the reps all give me the same story:

-- They can't let me speak to a supervisor
-- They won't give me their names
-- They can't look at repair system to check status of the repair
-- They will escalate the matter to the repair department and someone will get back to me.

Sadly, I've tried this several times and never get a response. They stink.

Mark

You got an RMA number, they offered to pay shipping for it's return and now you have no clue to what's going on with the bird... Strange. Do you have a proof of delivery from UPS?

DJI uses ZenDesk which you should be able to plug in your RMA number to follow your case, an email should have been sent with these details.

Not saying DJI's service is the best, but this sounds like incomplete information...to be fair. The RMA is the only thing they have to track a case or check the unit into the system. I can only imagine the 100's of units sitting without further info. You do have the serial number as well, correct?

List all the numbers provided and email them with proof of delivery. Then state they have 30 days to resolve the case. That's all you can do at this point, your next step would have to be a legal claim.

Good luck!

From a customer POV, hurting B&H is not really his concern, B&H have much more clout in trying to get a response from DJI than an individual customer.

I would be raising hell by now - OP has been beyond patient.

Mark, you indicated that you ordered your bird thru B&H Photo.
Calling the CC and disputing the charge will only hurt B&H Photo and not get DJI to respond any quicker.

I've had my computer company for just over 19 years now, this is what happens sadly if you succeed too quickly I've seen it many times, you just don't get time to cover all the areas needed to perform a good working company. This is why I always say "it's just business" they will also know where they are failing and it's good that many put pressure on this side of their failures.

Thankfully I've not suffered from this.

Keep leaning forward you may be the one that forces them into the serious side of servicing.

Well, 10 weeks after DJI received my bird, I've finally received notification that they have shipped my Phantom back. I'm happy about this but it took them TWO full weeks to hand it over to Fedex after sending me an email two Fridays ago saying they replaced a faulty compass. So, it takes them 2 weeks to log it into their system after they receive it, 6 weeks to fix it, and another 2 weeks to ship it after they fix it . 10 weeks in total---CRAZY!!!. Needless to say they shipped it back Fedex Ground Service which takes another week (5 biz days) to get to me from CA!

I'm hoping it comes back working and I NEVER have to deal with their customer support again!

Yea, I can't blame you there!! I wouldn't want to have to deal with them again either if I were you......I hope I never have to deal with them!

Well, 10 weeks after DJI received my bird, I've finally received notification that they have shipped my Phantom back. I'm happy about this but it took them TWO full weeks to hand it over to Fedex after sending me an email two Fridays ago saying they replaced a faulty compass. So, it takes them 2 weeks to log it into their system after they receive it, 6 weeks to fix it, and another 2 weeks to ship it after they fix it . 10 weeks in total---CRAZY!!!. Needless to say they shipped it back Fedex Ground Service which takes another week (5 biz days) to get to me from CA!

I'm hoping it comes back working and I NEVER have to deal with their customer support again!
Same issue here! It's been 8 weeks for me! After the 7th week, I had to phone them to see if anything was done as no updates on zendesk! Half an hour on the phone waiting and they tell me its been repaired. Took another week before they shipped it. It's in BC now. The funny thing is I ordered a phone case that was shipped through Canada post that arrived in BC at the same time as my phantom and the phone case is in Edmonton now, but the phantom is in limbo between here and there! Got an email from DJI to rate their customer support, the opportunity closes when the ticket does so I could not leave a rating. and I haven't even received my phantom to see if it was even fixed! If I ever have a problem like that again, I'm just going to pay a local retailer to fix it. The warranty turn over time is ridiculous!

Updated: got my phone case today lol! I hope my phantom comes in before the end of next week. USPS and Canada Post: 1 Fedex: 0

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub