Front LEDs will not light!

Reaction score
Was showing a friend my Phantom. We were under a tent and it was raining. I opened the case and just them someone hit the tent to splash us with water. No water got on the Done but a little got on the foam in the case. I did not get to open the case for two days an today I wanted to show a fiend the Phantom. The Phantom had moisture on the top he body and the camera & Gimbal also had some moisture on them. When I powered it up, the front (red) LEDs would not come on. Tried to boot up several times but no luck. I started the Phantom in the "idle" mode and the front right rotor was spinning slower than the others. The camera works. I tried to "search" and found the rice trick. Would this be the cure?

Would have been the cure if you did it when you noticed the moisture in the first place... might still work but powering up and trying all that stuff may have damaged something permanent...

If you are gonna dry it out... multiple days is the key... let it go for a week and THEN try powering it on... don't keep checking it every day just to see if it's better yet.

Stop using it, remove your battery and let it dry for a few days. The rice thing is a good idea.
I'm afraid you may have worsen things by "trying it" like you did...

I placed rice in a small garbage bag and placed the Phantom it and seal it. 4 days later I opened it. It worked! The only thing, one of the motors, when I start to put power to it from the idle position, stops for a second and then starts to spin as the others. Going to replace the motor. Don't trust it.
Thanks for the rice tip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers