From the sky - in the pool…

Reaction score
Had my first crash a couple of days a go. Phantom Vision 2.

I had done about 15 flights and the last 2 vas in Naza.mode and everything worked OK.

It worked OK in the last flight as well for 3-4 minutes, but after a 20 meters rise where I was turning around the drone 2-3 360 degrees turns it suddenly died, shook a bit and felled. Right in a pool…

It was about 15 secs in the pool. I removed the battery, took it apart and had it drying for several days. Ive also cleaned with isopropanol. But the damaged was done and when I started it with a new battery It just gives a short beep and one flash from the leds and dies again. ****.

Now I have two questions.

What could have caused the crash?

I have been able to restore the film, thanks to this link http://live555.com/drones/DJI-Phantom-2-Vision+-video-fix/ And the film are stopped right before the Drone is start falling? Seams like a cut of power?

How to look for the error to replace whats broken?

What procedure shall I take to debug. Visually all looks OK, but I don’t really know where to start.
I have tried to power it up with all contacts removed from the Naza-module, but its the same result.

Per J
Sweden
(But right now in Thailand)

(but right now in Thailand)

This happened to me and I surmised it was a bad connection between the battery and the data pins. I now clean them regularly and have not had any further problems.

I also lost one in a lake a year ago. I dried it out and flew it again but, it seemed to get more and more erratic. I surmised it was the NAZA module. Seems it too got water in it as it isn't waterproof. I ended up replacing it and it now flys perfectly.

Geo

How long had you been flying on that battery?
If in use a long time and you were near batteries 30- 50% or so. Pushing it up that 20 m rise you may have taxed the battery's limits and the power available dropped and caused a reset of something in the naza or gps etc

I guess it was totally about 10 min, first a flight about 5 min and then the last flight ca 4 min. I think I had at least 50 % left in the battery. And I suppose it most have been a total blackout of power since the camera stopped recording.

So it's possible that one of the ESCs may have shorted out. Try desoldering the power lead from one ESC, then try to turn on again. If it still turns off right away, then desolder another one, and keep going until it stays on. If it still doesn't turn on with all the ESCs unpowered, then it's something on the main board. If it stays on after one of the ESCs is unpowered, then that one is the culprit, but go ahead and resolder each of the other ESCs and test as you do each one to make sure that you don't have more than one bad.

The battery was 2 months old, same as the Phantom. Yes I will try to desoldering the ESC:s later one and check. I will see first if I get any answer from my retailer and DJI if I could claim any warranty.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20