From Texas to North Africa in 12-mins

Reaction score
Well here's a new one for everyone - I don't think I have seen any post about this happing before.

Just went out for a quick flight, nothing strange happened before or during the flight - flight went as planned. In reviewing the DJI GoApp flight record - it shows the P3 flew a path to North Africa from Texas.

The amazing thing is this happened in 12mins :confused: I guess so much for the forward flight speed limitation of 35MPH - You know when I was flying I thought I heard a sonic boom - must have been the P3 breaking the sound barrier :D Whats even more amazing is I could see the P3 the entire time - I guess this old mans eyes aren't as bad as I thought there were if I can see from Texas to Africa. :p

Pulled the flight record and uploaded to Healthy Drone - it doesn't show the flight path to Africa. So obviously something caused the iPad GoDJI app to fault. But funny none the less.

Here's a screen shot of the iPad App
IMG_0056.jpg

I guess the tectonic plates are getting closer together as it looks like aAfrica is now less than 2 miles from Texas! Or is the 9194 feet round trip?

C'mon guys, this is basic String Theory. Did you all skip your Intro to Quantum Entanglement classes freshman year? Geez...

Reactions: Dome and TheWire
Here's a zoomed in screen shot - shows the flight path (the actual flight path) as well as the little trip back and forth to Africa.

IMG_0057.jpg

Better realign the dilithium crystals.

Dilithium Crystals - old tech

Deuterium Crystals is where its at now. ;)

Well fusion fuel would make for longer flight times thats for sure. Hydrogen and Metal lithium isotope in a crystal structure would make for a good power source..... o_O

What about Obsidian Crystals? Power your P3 and kill some White Walkers.

I think this trip to Pluto a couple of months back is still the record holder.
20150714 Phantom at Pluto.jpg

On a serious note, I do recall someone posting a picture of their flight record showing a very similar trip across the Atlantic as shown in your flight record. I did a couple of searches for it, but can't think of the right key words. Maybe that OP will see your thread and repost his picture.

I think this trip to Pluto a couple of months back is still the record holder.
View attachment 31638

On a serious note, I do recall someone posting a picture of their flight record showing a very similar trip across the Atlantic as shown in your flight record. I did a couple of searches for it, but can't think of the right key words. Maybe that OP will see your thread and repost his picture.
I remember that one too.

Reactions: Oso

That would be great if they do. Its funny because nothing happened to the P3 no control loss etc... This is the first time I've had this happen to me - so it would be good to know if it was just that, a fluke or if there is a deeper rooted issue(s) that haven't surfaced yet.

Here's the spec's on my setup
• P3P
• Latest Firmware 1.4.10 (with 10 or so flights on this firmware version)
• iPad Mini 2 w/iOS9 (Suspect this is the issue, had a few other oddities as well nothing major)

Thanks for the help guys and thanks for playing along with the jokes.

-Jimmy

Folks! DJI Flight records are all screwed up after latest iOS updates. See my previous posts on this.

This looks like a logging error unless you saw some actual odd behavior in your flight. Note that the latitude didn't change and longitude defaulted to the prime meridian.

I would be interested to see for how long it stayed like this and what other indicators read at that time (i.e. speed, satellites, HDOP, etc.).

I would be interested to see for how long it stayed like this and what other indicators read at that time (i.e. speed, satellites, HDOP, etc.).

Below are screen shots from Healthy Drone.
How would I retrieve the HDOP values?

I'm almost certain the issue is with iOS9 as member Skylark pointed out. I think this conclusion is supported by the fact when the RAW flight record was uploaded to Healthy Drones - Heathy Drones does not draw the Texas to Africa flight path.

Thanks

HealthyDrones_com_-_Innovative_Flight_Data_Analysis_That_Matters.jpg

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members