From P3P to P4P for volume measurements

Reaction score
I have done a few volume measurements using Pix4D and P3P. The results have been good and just 1-2% from the previous measurements. Potential clients have also been very pleased.

I will purchase the P4P, not only for the survey job, but also for other jobs that require good quality on stills and video. I will keep the P3P as a backup.

Besides the higher resolution and extended flight time, will P4P provide better GPS and elevation data compared to P3P? Any other advantages?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Another positive thing is the mechanical shutter!

No one that knows if "P4P provide better GPS and elevation data compared to P3P"?

Another positive thing is the mechanical shutter!

No one that knows if "P4P provide better GPS and elevation data compared to P3P"?

And by better I mean more accurate data [emoji4]

Whatever the GPS module, since you don't have a survey grade one, you cannot get any more benefits regarding geo referencing

Okay. And the barometer in P4 PRO, any difference from P3?

P4P is not yet supported by either Pix4D or drone deploy's mobile apps:
Supported Drones
(Android and iOS) Which drones are supported by the app?

This is going to make mapping difficult since your flight plan will have to be done manually and you will have to setup the software manually in order to get the correct results.

Please correct me if I'm wrong since I would have bought either a P4 or P3A if I knew this before...

Okay. And the barometer in P4 PRO, any difference from P3?

I doubt that the baro in the 4P is any more accurate than the one in the 3's or in my Syma X8 for that matter. Their primary purpose is to provide input into the flight controller in order to maintain altitude and to give some nominal value for the height above the launch point. Dint know of any tests where the reported altitude was compared to measured height, but I would guess that all of them are within a few (unto, perhaps 3-5 feet) feet of each other. Since air temp and atmospheric pressure affect the baro, you aren't going to get high accuracy unless you have some method to compensate like manned aircraft do. And I wouldn't be surprised if all of the GPS modules over the DJI line are interchangeable ( at least technically even if the connectors are different).

P4P is not yet supported by either Pix4D or drone deploy's mobile apps:
Supported Drones
(Android and iOS) Which drones are supported by the app?

This is going to make mapping difficult since your flight plan will have to be done manually and you will have to setup the software manually in order to get the correct results.

Please correct me if I'm wrong since I would have bought either a P4 or P3A if I knew this before...
Now pix4d supports P4P and don't forget Ultimate flight for ultimate manual planning!

the only way of getting accurate gps data is to use a number of ground control points and take measurements of these with survey grade equipment- thats how we do it with Inspire 1 (and now Inspire 2). The bigger 1" 20mp sensor in the P4P will give you more accurate measurements as far as it goes however, without accurate ground control points its all academic anyway. Orthos and DEMS will look better.

Reactions: Jonathan Haines

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers