Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional From P3A to P3P, I'm disappointed!

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by AndersE, Mar 12, 2016.

1. AndersE

I just replaced my advanced with the Pro version. I was actually very pleased with the video material from P3A, but I had a accident so it had to be replaced. And I got a good deal on Pro.

But so far Im very disappointed with the video quality.

Please take a look at the short clip i shoot today. Download it and look at the tree line at the same distance as the bridge. It looks really bad with a lot of noise.
    Dropbox - P3P.mov

It is shoot at 4k, 30fps, d-Log. Clip only resized to 1080p. Original 4k material actually looks worse. I just noticed that it was shoot in Landscape mode. Can that be a reason? On my Advanced I always used custom mode with -2, -2, -2.
    Almost all my video material looks the like this with noise or artifacts (and so far I only used it on daytime) Is there something wrong with the camera or is it just the landscape mode that makes it look like ****?

2. Air Ontario

Might be the landscape mode. I do -2-3-2 Dlog or Cine and sometimes -1-2-1 and vivid. What is white balance, manual or auto?

It is soft and muddy.

What about any Filters? shutter?

I just picked up a 2nd 4k Pro cam from DJI and it too has excellent video so it may just be your settings.

3. AndersE

No filters. Not even the UV filter. Auto WB. Don't know the shutter speed. It was on auto, but not super fast or really slow. I think it was on 1/160 when I took off.

I wonder if it's the internal sharpening that makes the noise/artifacts. I'm not sure you will see it unless you download the actual file and view it on a computer screen.

I have to try custom setting tomorrow and if the problem isn't solved I don't know what to do.

4. AndersE

Did a basic test indoors. Clearly a big difference going with custom setting instead of Landscape. Seems that the noise/artifacts disappeared with -2,-2,-2 setting. Need to verify it outdoors with different subjects. But it looks promising and probably not a faulty camera :)