From P3A to F550

Reaction score
So i'm ready to move on to something i can build/modify. I currently have a P3A and trying to get the logistics of how to proceed. Is it possible to use the Phantom Transmitter with the F550? Also is the gimbal from the Phantom 3 compatible with the F550 as well? Also with the Naza flight controller can you use DJI Go? If can save on the cost of the new copter by using parts of the P3A i would rather do that. Since my P3A was bought crashed and I rebuilt it I would feel terrible selling it to someone and something happen later down the road due to a damaged circuit/servo/etc I did not replace finally giving out. I bought a Turingy HAL hex from the 1$ hobby king sale but starting to think the F550 is the way for me to go. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Possible to flash F/W in P3A to support 6 motors?

Last edited:
No, no, no and no. No parts from the P3A can be transferred to a 550 (well, maybe the motors). No way to get the P3A flight controller to accept 6 motors.

No, no, no and no. No parts from the P3A can be transferred to a 550 (well, maybe the motors). No way to get the P3A flight controller to accept 6 motors.
Thanks. Ive been doing a lot of searching online and learned that. It's unfortunate i really like the Phantom setup and would love to stick to the control scheme but it looks like I will have to give it up if i want to move on. Thinking i will just sell it and build something from the profits.

I'm also thinking of going this route, has anyone ordered any F550 pre-assembled octa's from HeliPal if so what was your experience like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm also thinking of going this route, has anyone ordered any F550 pre-assembled octa's from HeliPal if so what was your experience like?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using PhantomPilots mobile app
There is no such thing as a F550 octo. The one they sell on Helipal (Drone 8) is very small (410mm) and wildly overpriced. They also use Naza 2 controllers which are not compatible with the Go app.

Reactions: Mrksbrd

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20