From P2V til P2+Zen+GoPro - what should I know?

Reaction score
Hi there,

Since upgrading firmware on my P2V (3.04) apparently completely broke me P2V (my dealer unsuccessfully replaced most parts with no luck). So he offered me a nice deal on "upgrading" to a new P2 + Zenmuse H3-3D + GoPro3 (with video downlink/SPW58 antennas). I went with that, and it should be ready by the end of next week.

I already had a bit of experience with the P2V (and of course read all manuals carefully, updated software etc.) so I have a little experience - and I was about to switch to ATTI-mode and test out the modes there before it broke down.

But now I'm switching to the P2+Zenmuse+GoPro. Is there anything I should be extra aware of now?
Is fx. the LED's the same, does it behave differently when flying? I read that I should always switch of wi-fi on the GoPro? Anything else I should pay extra attention to that is different from the P2V?

Thanks for you inputs.

Not really. It's a bit heavier, so be a little more gentle on the sticks, allowing to decelerate more slowly and be careful when descending, as it can be a little less stable, but other than that, flight is very similar.

LEDs in NAZA mode are the same, but the TX does not have to be switched to FCC mode, as the 2.4GHz system has more range in any case.

Expect battery life to be a little less, due to the power the gimbal requires and make sure you charge up the GoPro, so that it doesn't charge from the internal battery.

Not sure how you broke ALL your P2V, even if you bricked the Naza or main board, these are simple to replace!

Thanks for your feedback.

TX does not have to be switched to FCC mode, as the 2.4GHz system has more range in any case.
I'm in EU, so it will be in CE mode - but I have been wondering if I can't just change it to FCC mode and get a longer range for "free"?

Not sure how you broke ALL your P2V, even if you bricked the Naza or main board, these are simple to replace!
The first flew away after 8 minutes in 1st flight (yes, software updated, compass calibrated, sat lock, read all manuals, flew carefully etc.). Dealer replaced it with a new one.
The second worked perfectly until latest update (3.0.4), after that it wasn't possible to connect network btw camera and iPhone app. So dealer replaced most parts (board, cam, wifi extender) and since it still didn't work I "updated" to P2+Zen+GoPro which to me seems like a much better solution (for video). Looking forward to trying that out.

Happy flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers