From Gliders to Drones

Reaction score
Fresh to the world of drones with a recently purchased Phantom 4 Standard. Been flying RC gliders and Electrics (the slow ones, no reflexes for the fast ones...) since the mid-eighties. Also spent time as a soloed student glider pilot at Waynesville Airport and Caesar's Creek Gliderport in Ohio. Valuable experience then and now, as no matter what I fly, I always treated my RC aircraft as though a bit of me was riding along. The old Pilots saying of "there are old pilots and bold pilots, but no old bold pilots" has always served me well. Waiting for a set of DJI prop guards to get here next week, then following a good "walkaround" will do an auto take-off and climb to the giddy altitude of 4', then take a moment (or several) to simply admire it, then land gently with some feeling of awe, as growing up as a teenager in the sixties, the ability to do this and see the world from the aircrafts perspective would have been pure magic...and worth literally $Billions for that piece of tech you can now hold in your hand.

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Hello
animated-smileys-waving-015.gif

Welcome to the forum and the addiction er hobby :)

Like you I have a little bit of R/C experience under my belt. I've always flown my R/C aircraft very much like I fly the real ones. I always loved "greasing" in a smooth landing with a crowd of people around.

I still fly R/C motor gliders now and again just to relax and get some stick time up in the clouds.

Still have a Challanger (05 cobalt geared), and a vintage open class "Mirage" (that I later outfitted with a brushless motor and even spoilers/flaps. No place to fly these around here without a crowd (proud member of "Hermits United"...crowds make me nervous.:-(). Been a long time since I flew em'. Back in the day when they still called the left stick a Throttle instead of the kids now saying "the thing that makes them go up".....

Reactions: BigAl07
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan