Fried circuit on PH2 v.3.0 non vision

Reaction score
Hey anyone know what this little circuit is that melted on my PH2? It is right next to the plug in called 'CAM'
Where you hook up the video TX for the FPV.
I was using a plug and play system I got online,
I had it all hooked up right, I even took it to a certified DJI tech and he looked at it and did not notice the melted circuit.
But he said I had it all hooked up right. I noticed this after I got home and took a closer look, no wonder I was not getting any video signal on my FatShark's. It looks like a little square shaped circuit. It melted. I never even got to fly this thing yet.

I would say on balance, that something was not hooked up correctly at some point and you have shorted the main power feed to earth.

If that was mine, I think to be on the safe side I would be replacing the main board, even if it could be repaired.

That seems to be a common thing to burn out if you short out the plug on the camera wire at all while the phantom is powered on. It looks like you lucked out because it some times will also burn up on of the pins on the plug connecter to the camera also.
its some sort of fuse. and a few people have repaired it by just putting a solder bridge on it to bypass it and complete the circuit.
But it will leave you with no fuse in the circuit and if you make the mistake of shorting it out again could burn some thing else out such as the wire or the legs to the plug.

When mine burned up from working on mine with it powered on and the camera unplugged. I moved it and the end of the plug that was hanging down hit a metal tool on my counter and shorted it out and burned up that component and burned off one of the legs on the plug. I repaired it by using a pcs of silver wire i had to make a new leg for the plug. (that was tricky and took a few tries) But the burned up component that at the time I had assumed to be a resistor I dint want to just bridge it and instead I found a spare on thats right on the board that goes unused on the back left there is a spot that says fan with a plug were some unused fan is supposed to be plugged in to. So I figured sense there is no fan to worry about I borrowed the part from that circuit and soldered if off the board and moved it over to were the burnt up one was. and all fixed.

Man, all because I got a plug and play wire from a supplier in San Diego and it was wired wrong, the standard Immersion RC plug was set up for a different brand , like iFly, or something like that.
I should have looked at it closer and checked it out better.
Look at your plug and play wire harness, it might be wired wrong!
Thanks

LOL,
i fried one VTX before i realized that those plug'n'pray cables are wired wrong.

Yep always check ur plug n play cable with a multimeter before installing. One of the shops here put out a batch of incorrectly wired ones once. I checked and rechecked half a dozen times the one i got the other day.

how can u check that your plug n play is right? i ordered mine last week. delivery tomorrow and need to know how to check it.

cheers

Depending on your setup you need to look at the wiring instructions for your equipment and check continuity with your multimeter on each wire in the cable and that they are in the right places. Some good youtube vids out there too.

Sorry my ignorance but what is a multimeter

An electrical test meter. Owned by electricians and quite a few hobbyists. Used to test voltage, current etc.
Maybe someone you know has one and knows how to use it to check continuity? If not you will just have to trust the lead is ok :)

Eltrochaphantom said:
Sorry my ignorance but what is a multimeter

In my younger years, they were called VTOM for Vacuum Tube Ohm Meter, then the term became VOM for Volt, Ohm, Meter and that is the term used by those in electronics. Even though those VOMs also measured current, both AC and DC, Temperature, etc. So, Multi-Meter is the lay term and it is more accurate as you can get meters that measure a whole bunch of stuff! That last part isn't a technical term! But, it should be and I propose we call it: AWBS

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj