Free video editing

Reaction score
Hi guys..

What's the best free video/picture editing out there for the moment so I can learn editing the footage from my drone?

Thank you

Davinci is actually great indeed, especially if you're into color grading. The problem with this software is that it requires a powerful PC, so if don't have one - expect crashes. And yes, it's absolutely free. They have a paid version as well, but's more for high-level professionals. I doubt you need that.

What OS are you on? A couple more options for you: VSDC Free Video Editor for Windows and Openshot for Mac. Shotcut mentioned above is not bad either, actually. It's crossplatform.

I use Resolve V12.5 on a Dell Precision T5500 running Windows 7 Pro. I think all I have to do to run V14 is to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

Reactions: BigAl07
Resolve Studio can potentially use as many GPUs as you can fit into a workstation to improve image processing performance, however the free edition of Resolve only supports a single GPU.

In case the question is still relevant for someone on this forum, here is a list of free and paid video editing software for drone owners published on DJI Forum.

Reactions: BigAl07
In case the question is still relevant for someone on this forum, here is a list of free and paid video editing software for drone owners published on DJI Forum.

Just for fun I've downloaded and am going to try VSDC on my current laptop. It bogs down with RESOLVE so much it's not usable where-as on my wife's new laptop Resolve runs like the wind.

Kinemaster, CapCut, and Viva video are on the phone and Camtacia, Adobe Primiere and After Effects are available on computer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31