Free Video Editing for all!!

Reaction score
I keep seeing threads from people asking about video editing software, and the typical names keep being offered up, so I thought I'd post something about Lightworks. I have to caution readers that there is a very step learning curve associate with this software, but it's FREE. Not only is Lightworks FREE, but it's also considered to be a very robust editor. No matter what software you pick, you're gonna need to learn about it, but there is a vast amount of free training for all of them on Youtube.

If you really want the fancy stuff you can always get After Effects, again...a lot to learn.

You can get more information on their website: http://www.lwks.com/

Just to add:

I am unaware of any image stabilization offered by Lightworks (Something I'm sure most of you would like), and I'm an After Effects user, so I can't really answer any questions about Lightworks, I don't use it.

I could try, but doubtful I'd be much help. :D

So you advertised a program that you don't use!?

kydan said:

Yeah, I'm not selling it...clearly.

kydan said:

Whats wrong with that?
If I saw free software that could possibly help people out I would tell them too.
Its called helping out.

Helveticus said:
Thanks for sharing the info, I'll try this editor as soon as it's available for Mac

Looks like the Mac version will be available June 11th. If you do happen to download the program I'd love to hear about your experiences.

A possible workflow could be to use Prodad's ProDRENALIN http://www.prodad.com/home,l-us.xhtml ($48.99) to stabilize and remove fisheye, then export it to Lightworks for color correction and editing.

That lightworks GUI looks an awful lot like Premier Pro...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4