Free TrackR device.

Reaction score
Bluetooth trackers may not be good if you lose it far away, but if you lose it in the woods, someone's back yard, or in a tree, and have a general idea of where it is, a TrackR could help you locate it.
It's free, small, weighs practically nothing, so what do you have to lose. :)

Get your free TrackR here.
http://www.thetrackr.com/giveaway?ref=K7vv4

-Scott

hmm had a look, its free so perhaps worth a shot.. only thing I'm skeptical of is the 'crowd gps'

It looks like the crowd gps system is built of other users running the app ?? So depending on your location you might not be able to locate it, right ? Like in a forest or some where remote?

but yeah it is free, so better than nothing I guess.

*edit* Ohh I see what you are saying, I think.. You mean if you know where you lost it, the general area you could go to that area and use your own phone to be the 'crowd gps' and locate the device yourself ?? hmmm Interesting...

Hmm perhaps I am not actually understanding it lol..

How does the tracker tell your phone or another users phone in crowd GPS network that it is near by ???

It is a bluetooth device. When a smartphone with the app on it gets within blue tooth range, that phone updates the location behind the scenes to the TrackR servers via the app and the TrackR server notifies you.
If it is your device, your app will tell you if you are getting closer or further. So if you use the Find my Phantom feature of where your Vision app (or you) thinks your Phantom is at, you then can use the TrackR to home in on the exact location.

Scott

Bluetooth ? You serious... the range of bluetooth is like 10ft max isnt it ?

So the tracker sends a ping/found me to someones phone in close range via bluetooth... that persons phone then uplods there GPS coordinates to the main app server, which then notifies your app that the device has been found ? That pretty much the flow of how it works ?

pilsburypie said:
TeamYankee said:
Hang on, Bluetooth right? On 2.4Ghz, mounted on the P2.. I'll give that a miss thanks.
I thought it was flyaway time if you even thought about turning on the bluetooth function on your Gopro.....

Isn't the P2V+ controlled by 5.8Ghz? How would Bluetooth interfere with that? I could see maybe decreasing FPV video range or something maybe?

-Scott

Isn't bluetooth totally diff to 2.4ghz? like totally diff freq/tech ?

Anyways as a free solution sounds ok... but yeah if its lost in the forest you basically need to be.. what like 10ft away max for the bluetooth to pick it up..

TeamYankee said:
It's likely that any 2.4Ghz FPV would wipe out the signal from the tracker on a P2V+ - but putting this on a P2 running on 2.4Ghz, you'd be asking for trouble.

Bluetooth should not conflict with 2.4 wifi. But even for free I wouldn't find it useful on a uav. Not for my flying.

When I filled out the form for the trackR thing it said there were like 80,000 people ahead of me in the queue, which means that either they're going to have to give away more than $200,000 worth of them or I'll never get one for free. Bet I'll get lots of junk mail though.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1