FREE "Phantom Fix" gimbal protector for P2V+ -- SOLD

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
phantomhelp.com
I bought the Phantom Fix, but decided not to use it. It's brand new -- never installed. All I'm asking for is $6 to cover the USPS Priority shipping (US only). The first person to post here gets it.

See more here:
http://www.djiphantomfix.com

Attachments

• IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 691
You are smart not to use it. I bought one and after a hard landing, the aluminum "gimbal protector" destroyed my gimbal motor. The flimsy aluminum bent and binded up the aluminum where the motor connects to the rest of the camera. The motor then burnt out. DJI and their dealer say I voided the warranty using this "protection". Oh well, live and learn.

mij119 said:
You are smart not to use it. I bought one and after a hard landing, the aluminum "gimbal protector" destroyed my gimbal motor. The flimsy aluminum bent and binded up the aluminum where the motor connects to the rest of the camera. The motor then burnt out. DJI and their dealer say I voided the warranty using this "protection". Oh well, live and learn.

Ok, I am so ready to believe what you say, as I had a little bit of a run in with the person who sells the gimbal protector above. But I am a little sceptical that the gimbal protector destroyed your gimbal motor. As I say I am so ready to believe you, just looking for something to back it up. Do you have any pictures? Any communication from DJI where they say you voided your warranty? I am not trying to make you work or anything, but I also bought one and have not used it yet, should I not use it?
Thanks
Craig

Re: FREE "Phantom Fix" gimbal protector for P2V+ -- SOLD

Wedeliver said:
mij119 said:

Ok, I am so ready to believe what you say, as I had a little bit of a run in with the person who sells the gimbal protector above. But I am a little sceptical that the gimbal protector destroyed your gimbal motor. As I say I am so ready to believe you, just looking for something to back it up. Do you have any pictures? Any communication from DJI where they say you voided your warranty? I am not trying to make you work or anything, but I also bought one and have not used it yet, should I not use it?
Thanks
Craig
Why would you question the testemony of mijl19? His story is prefectly plausible and he has nothing to gain by pooling your leg by a make believe story. So just do not install that so called gimbal protector and cut your loss on your purchase.

Re: FREE

aartsf said:
Wedeliver said:
mij119 said:

Thanks
Craig
Why would you question the testemony of mijl19? His story is prefectly plausible and he has nothing to gain by pooling your leg by a make believe story. So just do not install that so called gimbal protector and cut your loss on your purchase.

I am trying to picture in my mind how the thing "destroyed my gimbal motor". So I asked the question. I had an issue with the guy who makes them and to hear that the clip could even cause damage was the kind of news that I would welcome. I have one of those little things sitting here on my desk and I would not want to use it if the story was true.

Re: FREE "Phantom Fix" gimbal protector for P2V+ -- SOLD

Wedeliver said:
aartsf said:
Wedeliver said:
mij119 said:

Thanks
Craig

I am trying to picture in my mind how the thing "destroyed my gimbal motor". So I asked the question. I had an issue with the guy who makes them and to hear that the clip could even cause damage was the kind of news that I would welcome. I have one of those little things sitting here on my desk and I would not want to use it if the story was true.
Again there is no indication why the story would not be true; on the contary, the flimsy design makes the story even more plausible. Why would you then be so persistent to want from mijl19 to proof / back up his story; "it is not he that is on trail".

It sounds like it bent after in impact then in a further flight it wasn't noticed that the gimbal movement was restricted.
I would have thought this no worse than accidentally leaving the guard on which I guess most of us have briefly done, and there should be a warning if any resistance is encountered since even touching grass gives a warning?
I suspect the impact bending the guard also damaged the gimbal.

This type of guard is intended to minimise the risk of gimbal separating due to deceleration in a crash - then tearing the ribbon resulting in a very costly repair - it probably does that.

I decided against using aluminum for that very reason. A material with some elasticity is better and insures that the gimbal motors will never be put in a bind.

Wedeliver said:
mij119 said:

Thanks
Craig

The gimbal protector's wrap around arm got bent in and instead of being 2 mm away from the gimbal motor, it was bound up against it. Motor couldn't turn but kept trying to so it overheated and burnt up.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I ordered a new camera and plan to continue flying, I love my Phantom, but won't be using any more gimbal protectors.I called DJI and wanted to make a warranty claim due to the crash being caused by a battery failure. It had 70% charge and it just wigged out and my P2V+ just dropped to the ground. I've had over 250 flights with zero crashes or problems, so it is not a case of a new pilot making a dumb mistake. DJI told me over the phone that the gimbal saver "modification" voids the camera/gimbal warranty so sorry, I don't have anything in writing.

I can't tell you to use your gimbal saver or not, that's up to you. I just thought I would pass along what happened to me.

mij119 said:
Wedeliver said:
mij119 said:

Thanks
Craig

The gimbal protector's wrap around arm got bent in and instead of being 2 mm away from the gimbal motor, it was bound up against it. Motor couldn't turn but kept trying to so it overheated and burnt up.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance. I ordered a new camera and plan to continue flying, I love my Phantom, but won't be using any more gimbal protectors.I called DJI and wanted to make a warranty claim due to the crash being caused by a battery failure. It had 70% charge and it just wigged out and my P2V+ just dropped to the ground. I've had over 250 flights with zero crashes or problems, so it is not a case of a new pilot making a dumb mistake. DJI told me over the phone that the gimbal saver "modification" voids the camera/gimbal warranty so sorry, I don't have anything in writing.

I can't tell you to use your gimbal saver or not, that's up to you. I just thought I would pass along what happened to me.

I see said the blind man. The further discussion has enabled me to understand the events that caused the damage and I appreciate your input. Don't go to any great bother, but if you are able to put up some pics that would further help with my understanding of the events that caused a motor to be damaged. I think we are stuck with this Camera and Gimbal at least until the spring when I hope a more durable Gimbal/Camera might be released. I think we can all agree that the Vision Plus is a great Video machine but very, very fragile.

I have had both protectors and am now using the billet protector. Far superior build... Really no comparison at all

Attached is photo of my gimbal and the $20 device I bought that was supposed to save it. I circled the area where the device is seized up against the pivot point/motor.

Attachments

• 20141206_112654.jpg
    20141206_112654.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 373

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31