Free P3 BATTERY to first person who can help me - MC error, abnormal comp., yellow-red-green lights.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to post a video of what is going on. o_O

I know you said your problem is similar to Ari's video.

Idea! Could this be all in the remote controller? If you turn on a p3 and say never turn on controller, does gimbal go limp? I know it's connected and says fine, but if that happens whenever phantom is on without controller, then my OK controller signal is wrong and it's some weird software prob.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

c6ad82360d0a4874090734d1c4d01e78.jpg

FYI I updated RC via USB cable from gimbal board.. Worked at first so never doubted it.

Since you already tried everything and nothing worked, I would try putting the advance firmware on it. Maybe it will erase enough of the Pro firmtware, where you could try to reinstall the pro firmware again. I guess you already tried a new tablet? Maybe switch platforms, if you tried with an Apple tablet, try it with an Android tablet.

Dude I phantom is ruined too by this ******* software update. DJI as a company sucks. Its a joke that I cant revert back to a previous version of the firmware. My camera spins and shakes around violently when I turn this thing on. tech support doesnt have a clue what is going on and they say I cant just do a hard reset.

Specifically I am getting a Gimbal motor overload.

Here is a video:

I believe that I replied to your question in another thread, but the gimbal noise sounds like you gimbal arm is loose. I had the same issue and tightened the hex screw at the top of the gimbal which resolved my issue. YMMV.

Reactions: Ari
to save time on responding.. But I've done all in this thread recommended. Most recently I checked all cables. All good. Remind controller. Good. Same error messages and same inability to even calibrate compass.

Please someone! I'm returning it Monday regardless.. Just want one **** day of pictures...

Dude I phantom is ruined too by this ******* software update. DJI as a company sucks. Its a joke that I cant revert back to a previous version of the firmware. My camera spins and shakes around violently when I turn this thing on. tech support doesnt have a clue what is going on and they say I cant just do a hard reset.

Specifically I am getting a Gimbal motor overload.

Here is a video:

Not sure if this is your issue, but I had something similar, and it had nothing to do with the firmware... there is a small set screw on the curved gimbal arm that goes up and attaches to the motor that moves the gimbal to the left and right. That had loosened up and it made that same exact sound, need a supper tiny hex to tighten it down (assuming you are having the same issue). It definitely looks like your gimbal is loose and the left/right motor up in the base plate can't hold the gimbal still.

The gimbal coming to life and going limp is part of what mine was doing two days ago.
Try powering it up with no sd card in. See if that makes any difference.
It might not sort anything out but it can't hurt and is very quick and easy to do.

I believe that I replied to your question in another thread, but the gimbal noise sounds like you gimbal arm is loose. I had the same issue and tightened the hex screw at the top of the gimbal which resolved my issue. YMMV.
Can you please post a picture of the screw you are talking about?

Amazon is the best. They are going to take care of it and send me a new one tomorrow for no extra charge. Let's hope I am luckier with this one.

Dji tech, on my last ditch effort to avoid returning it, is telling me the firmware update "killed my compass" basically making it a brick. Nice firmware guys! Beware everyone thinking about the update.

Reactions: Ari
Send it back to DJI - problem solved. Please send me battery.
Great thanks! So I'm going to mail the battery to DJI with a note telling them to send it to you, after they quickly process this request, it'll be to you in 4-12 months. 61% chance it works though, but don't worry, you can send it back to them for repair... Its covered under warranty.

Great thanks! So I'm going to mail the battery to DJI with a note telling them to send it to you, after they quickly process this request, it'll be to you in 4-12 months. 61% chance it works though, but don't worry, you can send it back to them for repair... Its covered under warranty.

Ummm.. probably wont work. battery has 6 months warranty. Too late by then. I live in Aus, we just got internet last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Panotaker

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1