Frank's Story

If you download from your Samsung mobile device you are getting a very downsampled 1280x720 version of your video. The true video is on the micro SD card. You will need a card reader. But a new micro SD card (bigger one) - many come with an adapter that is the size/shape of a standard SD card so you can just slip it in and read it easily.
If you download from your Samsung mobile device you are getting a very downsampled 1280x720 version of your video. The true video is on the micro SD card. You will need a card reader. But a new micro SD card (bigger one) - many come with an adapter that is the size/shape of a standard SD card so you can just slip it in and read it easily.

Sorry guys. I obviously did not put it very well. I have not got a micro SD adaptor, yet. Two are on their way. So without an adaptor how could I get the SD card contents onto my computer? The answer connect the actual drone to the computer via a USB Cable. I took the CABLE from my Samsung S6 charger. Connected one end to the drone and the other to the computer. The computer recognised it as a USB drive. Downloaded a treat. :)

Ok been for a flight. Must admit I now have the bug. As I write this the drone is downloading to the computer the film taken on the SD card. Being a micro SD in the machine and me not having an adapter I wondered how I could transfer files. Then I thought USB on aircraft to USB on computer? So I got the long charging lead from the Samsung 6 phone and plugged both ends in.......... It worked! So now I am just awaiting the transfer to finish. A none edited video I think so record my first ever RC flight.

Now I have to find out how to get out of beginner mode etc. It does give you re-assurance when you start but I soon found it quite restrictive.

Is there anyway I can turn off that loud noise the drone makes when it starts up?
Any micro USB -> USB will work. The P3 came with a 2 foot white one.
Beginner mode is toggled from the MC settings menu.
You can't turn off the initiating tones at startup. I will cover the arms with my hands when I don't want to wake the kiddies up.

Great play by play.

SD

Well I have to admit I am disappointed. The video play back or the recording is slightly 'jerky' if you know what I mean. Of course it could well be the Card on my computer that's the problem. So currently I am downloading a bit of software to change the format to see if I can get a cleaner, smoother bit of video.

What are the specs on your computer? That could be the problem trying to playback 4K. I've got an i7 processor with 16 gigs of RAM and NVidia GeForce GTX 770M graphics card. Does great with the 1080p at 60fps (both editing and playback) but have yet to try editing 4K with it.

If you used the usb on your gimble than its the same as a usb adapter. Your problem is that your pc probably can't handle the 4k. Like @stuartbp and @gringorio already explained.

The phantom dance sound when you start your aircraft is (as far as I now) standard. Have too get used too it, sry bro. But what about that other toy you talked about[emoji4]

About the case I am very happy with the hardcase from DJI. Everything fits nicely, even my sunhanse enhanced rc. Four batterys, Ipad, sunscreen, filters enz.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1452279942.640573.jpg

As hight as I could get them at the time. NVIDIA Graphics card. 4606mb on board graphics memory with 1.24 gb dedicated video memory. My whole system has 2 TB memory. Dual core processors with 8gb of system memory to back it up.

I think the Graphics card is outdated. I really need a new computer but apart from this (touch wood,plastic etc) its been fine.

Thats a really nice toy Frank, really nice, I like it[emoji106] Nice colour also. 4.2 v8?

Thank you. Nice of you to say. Yes its a 4.2 V8 Zircon Blue. Depending on the sunlight falling on it it will go either more blue or more silver. It's a pure Joy to ride too. May sound silly but I actually go slower in that than I did in my BMW. Cruises a dream and power when you need it. It has a high GF too. GF= Grin Factor. You have to smile every time you sit in it and start it up. It purrrrrrrrrs along.

Reactions: Reed L
Thank you. Nice of you to say. Yes its a 4.2 V8 Zircon Blue. Depending on the sunlight falling on it it will go either more blue or more silver. It's a pure Joy to ride too. May sound silly but I actually go slower in that than I did in my BMW. Cruises a dream and power when you need it. It has a high GF too. GF= Grin Factor. You have to smile every time you sit in it and start it up. It purrrrrrrrrs along.

I completly understand. That is a car to enjoy and drive slowly. You will make nice video's with all the nice auto flightmodus on your bird. Looking forward to see some nice video's.

Reactions: Frankc
As for my other toy/s. Take a look https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=bGY3X01fd3pNWFFZdzVyYkR5YzEwQTJOQXdQUFVB

click on a photo to see a larger pic
Nice car Frank but those rims... :) I have these Motegi MR 126 rims on mine. I like the black rims better these days. My son works for Wheel Pro's who also own American Racing so I enjoy my wheels and tires. I stick with Pirelli ZR series for tires and always get them road force balanced because I don't go slow :) hehe, I know for a fact that my governor kicks in at 252kph. I tried programming in the XKR into their car machine but they didn't have it so I plugged in a SL550 for a close looking reference. Hit the configurator button and it lets you design your car, color, rims, etc. A fun site for car enthusiasts.
WheelPros : Wheels: MR126

Nice wheels, but I think I am too old fashioned an Englishman to put them on my car. I prefer old fashioned chrome, stainless and a mahogany sideboard for a dash. :)

Just converted the video I took to a mp2 video, much smoother. I have also delved into the settings and increased my range in all directions. Changed my video settings, lowered them to 720 should be much smoother now.

Batteries all charged up. Just awaiting some daylight and sunshine.

Thank you for all your comments.

Well I have to admit I am disappointed. The video play back or the recording is slightly 'jerky' if you know what I mean. Of course it could well be the Card on my computer that's the problem. So currently I am downloading a bit of software to change the format to see if I can get a cleaner, smoother bit of video.
One of my computers had a jerky play back. But I knew the computer should be able to handle it. Discovered a setting in the player to do with cpu threads. Works fine now. So, just saying it could be software. That computer is an older intel quad core. If that gives you any idea. My old laptop that is a dual core can not play them without shudder.

I have a maple dash, sideboards & steering wheel myself :) but I kept cracking rims so I went to rims that are guaranteed for life and they don't give like the stock one's so you get a much better feel on the road. I could feel the sway around hard corners on the stock rims and that's where I was cracking them.
With your pc, you should be able to run 1080 totally smooth.

u talk about spending lots of money?
try buying Machine Guns

u talk about spending lots of money?
try buying Machine Guns
If I even tried buying guns Id up in Prison. It wasn't until Mr Bin Liner and his mates showed up you would never see an English policeman with a gun. Thankfully a normal policeman on the street never carries. Normally its just in airports and the like, just incase an American who likes buying machine guns turns up...;)

Back on topic. I just had a thought about the jerky playback. So I went to the software that came with my Blue Ray disc player for the machine. Opened up the 4K video in that. Smooooooth and as clear as anything. It is not the best of videos because the sun was literally down behind the hills and it was getting dark so the light was bad. I know I could have opened up the settings and played with the ISO settings etc but I just wanted to fly it. But now pleased with the quality.

So in brief. Its not the drone, the computer its the software that was needed to play the 4k video. Basic players dont seem to cut it.

Reactions: Flying Dutchman
Two errors and a tip.

Well I thought I would take advantage of a break in the rather gloomy weather and get a flight in whilst the sun was still shining. Everything is soaking after the recent rain but for now the sky is clear.

Yesterday I switched off beginner mode and increased flight restrictions to max.

I drove out to a somewhat soaking field. Found a rise in the ground that was well drained and level. Took off.

First thing I did was go straight up until the limiter kicked in. Having changed the resolution too I could see from the pictures I was getting on my phone/controller that they were much clearer and better. Delighted. I did a large 360 trying all the time to keep the aircraft in a steady pattern. Pictures coming back were good. So I brought the drone gently in and landed quiet gently some 20 feet away. Nice one. Ok. Can you guess my two errors?

Well for starters after landing I realised I had not pushed the record button. Darn (or words to that effect) all that patient flying and nothing to show for it. That was error one.
Error two as the drone sat on the ground just idling I let go of the controls. Then watched as the drone slooooowly tipped on its side then tumbled over onto the props. The engines cut out. That was error two. I should have landed closer to me. I ran over. Put the drone onto level ground and tried to start up to spin off any water. Nothing. Lights flashing etc but it would not respond. So I took the battery out and headed for home.

With some gentle shaking and lots of paper towels I manged to clean and dry the aircraft. When I was 100% sure all the water and dampness had been taken care of only then did I re-instate the battery. With trepidation I pulled back to start the motors. Had I knackered my machine in two days? It burst into life. Pheww. I had gotten away with it, this time.

Light failing and its drizzling I have given up for today.

Tip.

Ok its dead obvious to seasoned flyers like yourself but to a complete beginner, like me, this may prove useful. Which way is the drone going to fly when you push forward on the right joystick? The drone will fly in the direction the camera is pointing. So if you put the drone on the ground with the camera pointing to the left dont be surprised if it does not go forward but flys left instead. So put the drone with the camera pointing in the direction you wish to take off then stand behind it. This obviously applies when the drone is in the sky too.

Last edited:
Did you also do an IMU calibration out of the box? I didn't realise you're supposed to do this but you are - and there are specific instructions for it. And then calibrate the gimbal as well. Supposed to do all this before you fly for the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub