Frames per second question

Reaction score
Is there any real benefit to shooting at 30 frames per second as opposed to 24?
Sorry- I'm a newbie here and was also wondering what the point would be to shoot in 30 or even 60 fps. Especially if you were going to speed the footage up 2x or 4x. Does it matter?

24 FPS is 'filmic' - it looks (as much as possible) like it was shot on movie film. It is a holdover from Time Before Time. Look up 'film look' on your search engine of choice and be prepared to spend many useful hours learning something completely orthogonal from drones but important if you plan on shooting.

Typically, shoot 30 fps unless you have a specific need to do otherwise. Shoot 60 (if you can) if you plan on slowing down the video.

In general, the amount of data is 1 issue. If you are looking for a slight blur, frames per second become important coupled with the shutter speed chosen. I haven't done this yet, but I will someday: these people that have created this video, shot thousands of individual high quality night shots sequentially using Autopilot's feature of "continuous photos" where you can choose time delays of 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 20, 30 second intervals, then reassemble them in "Lightroom" at a rate of 24 fps. Enjoy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4