Frame rate/ISO/Shutter

Reaction score
What do you other pilots regularly use for the P3 video settings ? I recently read lower frame rate gives a more cinematic capture ? Please provide any insight you have it would be greatly be appreciated. I typically shoot 1080 at 60fps. I always thought higher frame rate meant crisper picture therefore better capture. Photo for attention
IMG_1496327887.561122.jpg

Last edited:
What do you other pilots regularly use for the P3 video settings ? I recently read lower frame rate gives a more cinematic capture ? Please provide any insight you have it would be greatly be appreciated. I typically shoot 1080 at 60fps. I always thought higher frame rate meant crisper picture therefore better capture. Photo for attention View attachment 83122
Lower shutter speed is the key to more cinematic capture. Because of the fixed aperture lens (f2.8), you'll need a set of ND filters (at least X4, X8, X16) to lower the shutter speed. The higher frame rate is for slowing down fast motion. The faster shutter speed is for crisper pictures; but, you don't want crisp in video. It's slight blur that makes video smoother and more cinematic.

star2.JPG
Take a look around on Best Buy and B&H photo. Best Buy had a set of push on ND filters (can use them on any P3) for $15. Recently, B&H had a set of "Special effects" filters for about the same price (graduated orange, blue, grey and star filters). Here is a sunset with the star filter.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj