FPVLR VS. DBS

Can anyone confirm if the FPVLR advanced P3 kit ships with the new V2 style antenna ?

I like the idea of reduced cross talk using a RHCP and a LHCP antenna.

:harry

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442049689.619096.jpg
Here is my flight with the ITELITE panel unboosted.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Will the FPVLR plug into the cables that came with DBS?

It seems like once you install the cables inside the controller and close it up, the external cables can be used for other antennas like FPVLR.

Only waiting on my battery pack and some longer blue coaxial cables :)

Both ends right angle blue coax cables - love them!

Are those 4 inches? Why do you want longer ones?

I remember DBS Mods saying that 6 inches work better than 4 inches for the blue cables - not sure why.

Also are they any resources out there to give step by step instructions for how to amp up the DBS antennas? Excited to see your results for amped DBS Bimmy!

Let me be clear what i'm seeing is that 30,000 ft with landing at home. I'm going for it. Is your bird got extra flight time( battery mod)?
Yes, dirtybum, I do have a battery mod there to fly this far.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442079771.096960.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1442079829.783760.jpg
New Milestone with unboosted DBS MODS ITELITE Antenna panel.

Unamped with old version we have several people at 5.2 miles.

we have a 6.1 mile hit with amped on old version but still good signal

the new version 2 blows those away.
Hey tony, i just bought your v-1 and your staff wrote me back that your v-2 dont offer anymore distance . Which is it better range or not

Both ends right angle blue coax cables - love them!

Are those 4 inches? Why do you want longer ones?

I remember DBS Mods saying that 6 inches work better than 4 inches for the blue cables - not sure why.

Also are they any resources out there to give step by step instructions for how to amp up the DBS antennas? Excited to see your results for amped DBS Bimmy!
The 4 inch cables can put some stress on the connections . The 6 inch cables give you a little bit more slack to work with and won't pull on the connections

To remind anybody doing controller install make sure you follow the video that will guide you with your install for the FPVLR or DBS mod the install on controller is the same but your choice of the drill holes are yours but be careful on any bends for your leads ....Hope this helps

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Switched from v1 to v2 FPVLR antenna (boosted). Range is improved by over 20%. In one area I was getting out to 10,000ft with v1 and made it to 12,500ft before turning back because of battery anxiety.

Another update. Had great weather and pushed out to 15k feet today (FPVLR boosted v2) before getting weak signal.

What battery mods are recommended? Any DIY options?

I would really like to buy the advanced antenna kit but I can't spend $314 on antennas. Hook me up!

Fpvlr has battery packs to power both boosters for an hour for 29 bucks. You can use the cables that come with the boosters RG 316 cables or you can buy something with less signal loss RG 58 and RG 402 cables are the most common upgrade that people get. You can get them on FPVLR website for I think 20 bucks a pair he will make any size you need them to be as far as length. You can get them on ebay too.

I know you are a FPVLR guy but do you know if the RG 402 cables will also be an upgrade for the DBS Itelite antennas? I am not well versed with signal loss and the types of cables out there.
To remind anybody doing controller install make sure you follow the video that will guide you with your install for the FPVLR or DBS mod the install on controller is the same but your choice of the drill holes are yours but be careful on any bends for your leads ....Hope this helps

Wow, so the install is the same? I just had my DBS antenna installed, in that case, I may consider purchasing the FPVLR V2 with amps! Could FPVLR comment at all?

I would really like to buy the advanced antenna kit but I can't spend $314 on antennas. Hook me up!
Go with the dbs itelite antenna. You can get it dbsmods.com. It's a very impressive and compact antenna . It also comes with a quick release mount. So it can be taken off in about 3 seconds . It will be the best 100 dollars you ever spent . Just last week I did 17,494 ft and had full signal all the way . I had to turn around because of the battery . It's definitely an amazing antenna for sure!! Good luck!!

I know you are a FPVLR guy but do you know if the RG 402 cables will also be an upgrade for the DBS Itelite antennas? I am not well versed with signal loss and the types of cables out there.

Wow, so the install is the same? I just had my DBS antenna installed, in that case, I may consider purchasing the FPVLR V2 with amps! Could FPVLR comment at all?
Yes the installs are the same . Once you change out the inside cables you can attach any antenna you want .

Reactions: turkminator
Question - can antennas like these be attached to the connections on the modified remote? I'd like to find some the same size as the OEM antennas.

http://www.amazon.com/Wi-fi-Antenna-RP-SMA-Antennas-Cables/dp/B00A4I3AGE/

My goal is to be able to put the connections / antennas near the stock location. This way I could still put my controller in my DJI hardshell backpack and use it like stock. I'd like to be able to swap these out for the boosted FPVLR when I want to fly long distance. Any ideas how to make this possible?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1