FPVLR VS. DBS

I removed the old antenna's and verified all connections. I haven't done a test in an open area with the original antenna's, but will see how this now works.
Good luck sir!! Remember to keep a good line of sight and you want the antenna to be perpendicular to the ground and pointed toward the UAV. Let us know how it goes

I have both rigs FPVLR and DBS Mods both boosted I like the FPVLR rig better then the DBS kit cause the bracket was designed to have boosters and a battery on it. Results were about the same to 4.5 miles. I had full bars on each antenna set. I'm getting a battery mod and if I could only have one I would pick the FPVLR rig. That is only my opinion.

I have both rigs FPVLR and DBS Mods both boosted I like the FPVLR rig better then the DBS kit cause the bracket was designed to have boosters and a battery on it. Results were about the same to 4.5 miles. I had full bars on each antenna set. I'm getting a battery mod and if I could only have one I would pick the FPVLR rig. That is only my opinion.
That's a great flight!! 4.5 miles with the stock battery. What is the battery percentage when you turn around? I'm trying to figure out when I should turn around. I've been turning around at 70% and I can get out to about 13k and still have full signal bars.

Good luck sir!! Remember to keep a good line of sight and you want the antenna to be perpendicular to the ground and pointed toward the UAV. Let us know how it goes
I took the Phantom out to a fairly remote Open area with a sod farm on one side and corn crops on the other. No immediate blockage on either side and line of site with the Phantom at 400'. Going north, I got just over 10,000' before RTH. Video dropped first then RC shortly after. Going south, I got just over 12,000' before RTH. These seem to be distances that people claim to get with a stock unit. So I'm wondering why I'm not seeing a significant boost in range. I have the ITE-DE:S02. As previously mentioned, I've taken it apart and checked all connections twice. Everything seems solid.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
That's a great flight!! 4.5 miles with the stock battery. What is the battery percentage when you turn around? I'm trying to figure out when I should turn around. I've been turning around at 70% and I can get out to about 13k and still have full signal bars.
Depends on your wind conditions man if you are going just for a long range run out and back
Where your evidence ? Do you even have an itelite antenna? Please don't talk truths if you have never tried it.
Where your evidence ? Do you even have an itelite antenna? Please don't talk truths if you have never tried it.
Hey bro look my name up on Flytrex I took a P2V 5 miles thats further then all the Vision Plus drones but John's 7 mile run dont treat me like a troll. I am at work right now. I dont have my P3 with me I can show you a copy of my receipt from DBS mods if you like?

Depends on your wind conditions man if you are going just for a long range run out and back

Hey bro look my name up on Flytrex I took a P2V 5 miles thats further then all the Vision Plus drones but John's 7 mile run dont treat me like a troll. I am at work right now. I dont have my P3 with me I can show you a copy of my receipt from DBS mods if you like?
Only trolls have more than one profile . More along chump !!

I took the Phantom out to a fairly remote Open area with a sod farm on one side and corn crops on the other. No immediate blockage on either side and line of site with the Phantom at 400'. Going north, I got just over 10,000' before RTH. Video dropped first then RC shortly after. Going south, I got just over 12,000' before RTH. These seem to be distances that people claim to get with a stock unit. So I'm wondering why I'm not seeing a significant boost in range. I have the ITE-DE:S02. As previously mentioned, I've taken it apart and checked all connections twice. Everything seems solid.
12k is much better than the 4k you first posted. Maybe aiming is a little off

12k is much better than the 4k you first posted. Maybe aiming is a little off
The 4K was from a congested area with no line of site. This flight was in an open area with no blockage. I kept the aim in the same direction I was flying. Couldn't have been too far off. Pretty straight flight.

As it should be... If you're comparing a hundred dollar antenna to a more than 300 dollar full rig with amps this should be the case.

Next test for somebody... Throw the itelite panel on the boosted rig with amps and level the playing field a bit...

No quarrels with you bro... The only misinfo i was talking about was when you said itelite "can't do that"
i would be happy to do that for you test both PM if that is something you would like ...It can't hurt

You are also using bird side modifications so I'm not sure why you are even talking . People are asking about which antennas are best for their phantom 3's. Nobody cares about your p2 with bird side modifications . Your argument is a waste . So keep it relevant! !

hello everybody/friends, since we are at the same domain/hobby, guys, first i would like to tell you that i did fly my p3p more than 3 times for a real long distance, i mean 3000-4000m with a 200m altitude and my signal still very very strong (90% rc, 100% fpv on fpv p3 on iOS mini 3), the question is with respect to dbs and fpvlr, do we really need more than this insane distance, and if yes are we really safe from battery failure or insufficient power ... fly safe .. thanks
here is an entertaining movie (3200m max distance 200m max altitude) ...

unrelated, but I find it funny that the music is talking about being in 'jeopardy, baby' while making a long flight :}

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
Guys the difference is in the design, ours are Circular Polarized DBS' ones are Linear Polarized.

the FPVLR ones have lower SWR reading compared to the ITELITE panels, and are a bit higher efficiency because they are made with round copper wire as opposed to using a FR4 substrate. PCB printed antennas cannot be as efficient as built up antennas. A bit more efficiency is lost with the extra connectors needed for the DBS panel, ours use a cable that has been soldered directly to the rear reflector. All these advantages of course we lose later, because the stock Phantom 3 or I-1 antennas are linear polarized, so with ours being CP we lose about 3dB (about the efficiency advantage we had accumulated by doing all the things I said above). Gain wise the antennas are very comparable, but now we have CP , which means we can pick up bounced signals that come back as Horizontal , vertical or anything in between while the ITELITE panel can only pick up vertical polarized signals, or with a few degrees of tilt with any degree of efficiency.
This gives the feeling of better penetration and more connectedness, but again it depends on the area you are flying, and if you have problems like you lose video stock at 600ft neither the DBS panel or the FPVLR kit will do much , in the sense that you are not going to fly 5 miles in that location. All in all the DBS panel is a honest antenna, cheaper to produce in high numbers, and hence a viable option. FPVLR is focusing on no compromise performance and ease of aiming and use, and are indeed more expensive, being produced by hand, and tuned individually like built up wire antennas, and are being produced in the USA by a tax paying company, Cram Investments, LLC of Boca Raton, FL which I own. US labor costs are more than double those in Poland, and also the fact that you can't build good quality and efficient CP antennas on a PCB drives up the costs. This means Itelite makes more money on their panels than we do. The choice is for the customer. Many have both as you can see.

Both FPVLR and DBS Mods have been reasonably gentlemanly / professional about each other's product. Nice.

Reactions: Skipholiday
You are also using bird side modifications so I'm not sure why you are even talking . People are asking about which antennas are best for their phantom 3's. Nobody cares about your p2 with bird side modifications . Your argument is a waste . So keep it relevant! ![/QUOTE I am
You are also using bird side modifications so I'm not sure why you are even talking . People are asking about which antennas are best for their phantom 3's. Nobody cares about your p2 with bird side modifications . Your argument is a waste . So keep it relevant! !
I told you what I thought of the DBS and the FPVLR setups with boosters on both to 4.5 miles they both performed about the same. I like the FPVLR better because its bracket was designed to have a boosters and a battery on it. The DBS bracket is great easy to get on and off but it wasn't designed to have boosters in a battery on it. I brought up the fact that I have the Flytrex record with P2V cause you were making it out like I was posting stuff that I know nothing about. I am really into long range FPV thats what I do. Bro sorry to get off topic. My bad

I told you what I thought of the DBS and the FPVLR setups with boosters on both to 4.5 miles they both performed about the same. I like the FPVLR better because its bracket was designed to have a boosters and a battery on it. The DBS bracket is great easy to get on and off but it wasn't designed to have boosters in a battery on it. I brought up the fact that I have the Flytrex record with P2V cause you were making it out like I was posting stuff that I know nothing about. I am really into long range FPV thats what I do. Bro sorry to get off topic. My bad
Fair enough it's all good . These antenna debates can bring out the worse in me lol. Happy safe flying and that's a great flight with your p2!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj