FPVLR VS. DBS

Doin mine tonite also. How scary was the con cable. I've done every dji mod so far, so i know i'm capable

Doin mine tonite also. How scary was the con cable. I've done every dji mod so far, so i know i'm capable
Not too difficult. I used a small jeweler a screwdriver to unlock. Putting back is more difficult

Easy if you know what you are doing.

Best to take the USB board off completely which makes it a lot easier with the con ribbon, remember to take out the 2 side ribbons too.

Good luck.

I like that I can go a mile away and be able to drop down on sometime not be at 400ft up ...You can't do that with DBS .....truth...

Don't do that bro... Your opinions about antennas you have dealt with is your own and nobody can argue your opinions.

But don't post complete misinformation and mark it as "truth"... Have you tried any of this with an itelite antenna yourself? Penetration or obstacles?

We have flown out to a mile at 6ft off the ground... We have flown out to 1.3miles and landed and took off again. There are other threads here showing killer penetration thru trees etc also... For example... DBS Mods = Power!!! | DJI Phantom Forum

Once again not arguing your points about other antennas... There are a few very good choices out there now... Ours is just one of them... Just keep the fact or "truth" part accurate.

Don't do that bro... Your opinions about antennas you have dealt with is your own and nobody can argue your opinions.

But don't post complete misinformation and mark it as "truth"... Have you tried any of this with an itelite antenna yourself? Penetration or obstacles?

We have flown out to a mile at 6ft off the ground... We have flown out to 1.3miles and landed and took off again. There are other threads here showing killer penetration thru trees etc also... For example... DBS Mods = Power!!! | DJI Phantom Forum

Once again not arguing your points about other antennas... There are a few very good choices out there now... Ours is just one of them... Just keep the fact or "truth" part accurate.

Not doggy Your antenna at all but truth is it can't compare to FPVLR with amps sorry
You are making a good amount of money selling them I am sure and it's a good deal for most that are using your antenna over stock but really .. It's not misinformation.. I did not say your antenna was bad or anything like that I think if I was not in a town with houses, building and trees all over your antenna would be fine for me. I would be interested in it too and if you would like me to a video of it with review I would be happy to not at all against you or the product ....think it great that we all have options ...There are some positive things I see with it too so ..just to let you know ...Thanks

Has anyone put an amplifier on the itelite? What battery/amp is needed? Just curious if that would make a big difference for people in areas with lots of interference.

I'm also interested in this. As well as long range I'm looking for maximum penetration for low level flying at distance with lots of tall trees around. How about something like this?

Horizon 2.4 GHz RF amp dual kit ( 2 x 1 watt )

Not doggy Your antenna at all but truth is it can't compare to FPVLR with amps sorry

As it should be... If you're comparing a hundred dollar antenna to a more than 300 dollar full rig with amps this should be the case.

Next test for somebody... Throw the itelite panel on the boosted rig with amps and level the playing field a bit...

No quarrels with you bro... The only misinfo i was talking about was when you said itelite "can't do that"

I am running the DBS mod out fly my battery what more would I need? Also great penetration but aiming is key!

I installed my DBS antenna yesterday and flew it. I was disappointed to find that the signal went out around the same distance as the stock antenna.

I live in suburbia with trees and other interfering stuff so maybe it's just my location.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I decided to take it apart tonight. Connections looked solid.View attachment 29655
It's best to run the cables underneath the controls . With them on top they could cause some issues. Make sure ribbon cable is seated properly . Unless there's an issue with the cables themselves. Hopefully it's something simple . Have you tested it in an open area with no interferences.

I installed my DBS antenna yesterday and flew it. I was disappointed to find that the signal went out around the same distance as the stock antenna.

I live in suburbia with trees and other interfering stuff so maybe it's just my location.
Do a test in an area with a good line of sight and no interference.

Yeah try a different location. Make sure the antenna is perpendicular to the ground and point in the direction of the uav.

I would go for FPVLR

you will never get the the penetration and security with DBS as you would with FPVLR people may get distance with DBSmods true and with FPVLR but the FPVLR designs are better to begin with ...Open up DBS antenna and see what is inside. yes it's $100. and it works but so do windsurf type.

The new design of FPVLR will do even better then before.... I my self like to have a piece of mind to know my signal and connection to the P3 is there and can go around things, far range and if you want to go low far away FPVLR and with boosters is the only way ....beside how often do you want to fly far away to say okay my P3 went 5miles or more and to race back before it drops out of the sky ???

I like that I can go a mile away and be able to drop down on sometime not be at 400ft up ...You can't do that with DBS .....truth.. but it's a choice how you want your aircraft to be connected ....
Where your evidence ? Do you even have an itelite antenna? Please don't talk truths if you have never tried it.

Reactions: turkminator
Do a test in an area with a good line of sight and no interference.

Yeah try a different location. Make sure the antenna is perpendicular to the ground and point in the direction of the uav.

That doesn't solve the problem that I believed this antenna would solve (boosting the penetrating power through trees and other objects).

I've heard people talk about mods when using the DBS antenna. What are these mods and would they even make a difference in my location?

That doesn't solve the problem that I believed this antenna would solve (boosting the penetrating power through trees and other objects).

I've heard people talk about mods when using the DBS antenna. What are these mods and would they even make a difference in my location?
I fly using the higher channels usually 31 or 32 . There is almost zero interference

No I haven't although I've heard it mentioned on many threads here. I'm using the iOS DJIGo app (2.1.0).
It's a pretty simple hack . If I can do it anybody can do it. I find it pretty nice having clear channels to chose from and I would think the clearer the channel the better the range. At least that's my theory . I haven't really been able to test it out because before the hack I could fly out to 13k with no issues with just the itelite antenna. I always chicken out and turn around with full signals . My only concern now is battery . The Fly Pretty conservative but I'm know my setup can get at least 17k to 18k without a problem. I just need to get some balls lol.

I removed the old antenna's and verified all connections. I haven't done a test in an open area with the original antenna's, but will see how this now works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues