FPVLR VS. DBS

Off topic but yay got my vinyl silver sticker for my DBS

Attachments

• 1441410591025.jpg
    1441410591025.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 393
Reactions: phantom13flyer
I just received my DBS today and have taken 2 flights with disappointing results. I fly a route that has trees eventually blocking my line of sight. I have reached close to a mile with the stock controller. The DBS only added a few hundred feet to that distance. I just took a night run in the opposite direction and typically get about 4000 feet on that route. I lost signal at about the same place. I have no doubt this works great in an open area with line of sight, but I'm not seeing any gains where there is blockage. is this normal or is something not right? I expected to at least double my current range under the same conditions.

Off topic but yay got my vinyl silver sticker for my DBS
That looks awesome. I don't think that color was an option when I ordered mine. Looking TOUGH!! DBS itelite is an amazing antenna that needs no boosters and has a quick release. The long range leaderboard speaks for itself!!

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I just received my DBS today and have taken 2 flights with disappointing results. I fly a route that has trees eventually blocking my line of sight. I have reached close to a mile with the stock controller. The DBS only added a few hundred feet to that distance. I just took a night run in the opposite direction and typically get about 4000 feet on that route. I lost signal at about the same place. I have no doubt this works great in an open area with line of sight, but I'm not seeing any gains where there is blockage. is this normal or is something not right? I expected to at least double my current range under the same conditions.
I would double check all the cables and make sure everything is seated properly. Post some pics of everything I'm sure some of the experience guys can tell you what is wrong. Good luck!!

Here are the exterior connections. I left the old antennas on and just moved the cables out of the way. I'd have to take it apart to show the interior.

@DBS - sent you an email on your website last weekend - no reply - I heard others here having the same issue. Are you uber busy, not getting them, or?

I would take it apart and double check everything. Or actually before doing that take it out to an open area and do a range test. If it doesn't improve by at least double I would then take it apart and check all the connections. If something is wrong you run the risk of frying your controller. Get some other opinions maybe first but I think there's something wrong.

There was a guy named Freddy on Facebook. Join the phantom 3 group. He did a test with the FPVLR, DBS, 7 dbi and 9 dbi antennas.

Best was
1. 9 dbi
2. 7 dbi
3. DBS
4. FPVLR.

I'll try to cut and past the data
you are all wrong

I would take it apart and double check everything. Or actually before doing that take it out to an open area and do a range test. If it doesn't improve by at least double I would then take it apart and check all the connections. If something is wrong you run the risk of frying your controller. Get some other opinions maybe first but I think there's something wrong.
I'll take it apart tomorrow and check all the connections to make sure nothing came loose when putting together. It's obviously doing something or I wouldn't be getting a signal out as far as I am

What's your thoughts? Considering both but am swaying towards the FPVLR v.2.
I would go for FPVLR

you will never get the the penetration and security with DBS as you would with FPVLR people may get distance with DBSmods true and with FPVLR but the FPVLR designs are better to begin with ...Open up DBS antenna and see what is inside. yes it's $100. and it works but so do windsurf type.

The new design of FPVLR will do even better then before.... I my self like to have a piece of mind to know my signal and connection to the P3 is there and can go around things, far range and if you want to go low far away FPVLR and with boosters is the only way ....beside how often do you want to fly far away to say okay my P3 went 5miles or more and to race back before it drops out of the sky ???

I like that I can go a mile away and be able to drop down on sometime not be at 400ft up ...You can't do that with DBS .....truth.. but it's a choice how you want your aircraft to be connected ....

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I'll take it apart tomorrow and check all the connections to make sure nothing came loose when putting together. It's obviously doing something or I wouldn't be getting a signal out as far as I am
I decided to take it apart tonight. Connections looked solid.
image.jpg

Has anyone put an amplifier on the itelite? What battery/amp is needed? Just curious if that would make a big difference for people in areas with lots of interference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj