FPVLR VS. DBS

hello everybody/friends, since we are at the same domain/hobby, guys, first i would like to tell you that i did fly my p3p more than 3 times for a real long distance, i mean 3000-4000m with a 200m altitude and my signal still very very strong (90% rc, 100% fpv on fpv p3 on iOS mini 3), the question is with respect to dbs and fpvlr, do we really need more than this insane distance, and if yes are we really safe from battery failure or insufficient power ... fly safe .. thanks
here is an entertaining movie (3200m max distance 200m max altitude) ...
Better penetration/signal in different environments it allows you to go much further and have a stronger signal in places you fly that are not open like your vid.Like flying with alot of tall trees around for example.

Reactions: Nizar Ghosn
Better penetration/signal in different environments it allows you to go much further and have a stronger signal in places you fly that are not open like your vid.Like flying with alot of tall trees around for example.

i am not here to judge people/friends when they flying their beloved p3, but i do not see the necessity of using the p3 behind an obstacles as you must keep your eye on it since it has not a sensors or 360 degree field of view to protect it from hitting objects, just an opinion ... !!!

i am not here to judge people/friends when they flying their beloved p3, but i do not see the necessity of using the p3 behind an obstacles as you must keep your eye on it since it has not a sensors or 360 degree field of view to protect it from hitting objects, just an opinion ... !!!
I enjoy mine over farm land. An area where I hunt. I can scout out places to hunt. I don't always see the phantom, but I'm not at risk of hurting anyone either. I can't see mine beyond 400 feet very well. So the FPV comes in handy. I know people say to keep line of sight. I can see that over a populated area, but it's of no consequence over good ol nature

[Moderator edit: offensive comment removed.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Range Jim's flight

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441329684.130280.jpg

No benefit except convenience of air conditioning, coffee pot and a test bench. All my priorities :)

I think for SWR it would be fine though. I also think 2.75:1 SWR can't be the norm for dipoles. Thats insane.

Yeah I agree....it's doubtful that manufacturer would build a product that jacked up. Maybe we should contact that manufacturer and give them the opportunity to explain why their product could be in such a state that it would knowingly damage our radios after a short time?

Dude what are you talking about you flew your p3 3200mtrs LOL Unless you have binocular vision your are full of ****!!!

... Full of **** , yeah, if you are flying without the fpv and an ipad, but there is things todays called technology though you can see what your drone see miles away, so, your statement is completely wrong ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

... Full of **** , yeah, if you are flying without the fpv and an ipad, but there is things todays called technology though you can see what your drone see miles away, so, your statement is completely wrong ...

So explain how you kept an eye on it from 3km away what technology are you talking about?Is there awesome weed where you live lol?
You flew 3.2 km then stated this >
am not here to judge people/friends when they flying their beloved p3, but i do not see the necessity of using the p3 behind an obstacles as you must keep your eye on it since it has not a sensors or 360 degree field of view to protect it from hitting objects, just an opinion ... !!!

Am I missing something?

Reactions: Sammynels
So explain how you kept an eye on it from 3km away what technology are you talking about?Is there awesome weed where you live lol?
am not here to judge people/friends when they flying their beloved p3, but i do not see the necessity of using the p3 behind an obstacles as you must keep your eye on it since it has not a sensors or 360 degree field of view to protect it from hitting objects, just an opinion ... !!!

Am I missing something?
No ur not , very true .. What i mean in keep an eye on it, being sure that it is in a safe place above or away from abstacles, since i was flying in a remote and open area ... Cheers

Am I missing something?
He's in another country. He may not have to follow any of the recommendations we do. I have no clue about the laws over there.

He's in another country. He may not have to follow any of the recommendations we do. I have no clue about the laws over there.

yes , no rules here to fly a drone .. the whole sky is for your imagination to conquer, some rules gonna be applied near airports and military bases ... fly safe

That sucks fpvlr!! Just got your antennas in the mail 2 days ago, now you show me these kickass new ones.

20150902_191311.jpg

New shorter cables shipping with the latest production run of ITELITE ITE-DBS02 Antenna kit for Phantom 3/Inspire 1/Matrice... much nicer and neater looking.... they are out there listening to all your feedback and responding accordingly... thankyou ITELITE!!

And bonus points going out to The DBS Swarm Boyz top pilot "Long Range Jim" Faulhaber for his 6.7mile Longshot flown with the ITE-DBS02 Antenna (unboosted) and DBS MODs BattWings ... awesome flight out there Jim... it is a pleasure to fly with you sir!!
Screenshot_2015-09-04-03-25-00-picsay.png

yes , no rules here to fly a drone .. the whole sky is for your imagination to conquer, some rules gonna be applied near airports and military bases ... fly safe
Mate When I said you where full of **** I never meant to offend you its just an Aussie expression but it must of offended the admin here cause I got an official warning.Jeeez
What I should of said was what you are saying seems to me to be contradictory you fly over 3km out of site with just relying on the RTH feature if transmission breaks.And its the same if you happen to fly in a wifi congested area or where its dense forest for example and you still rely on the RTH to return your bird safely. And there's nothing wrong with that imo as it's difficult to always fly in a wide open area and I was just trying to understand where you were coming from. Anywho all good happy flying.

What are DBS Battwings?? Better not be a new DBS mod because I will have to order it just like the antenna.

Supp Frank!!

I saw your messages coming in the past couple days but I've been crazy nuts at the backend of this backorder trying to get everything out to paid customers... most new inquiries were ignored for a few days to focus on paid clients and making sure everybody is taken care of.

Our antennas sell themselves...

FLY SAFE OUT THERE GUYS!!

Big Chuck,

please respond to my email. Thanks!

What are DBS Battwings?? Better not be a new DBS mod because I will have to order it just like the antenna.

It's for adding additional batteries i.e. batt-wings. Google it/them.

I have both the DBSMods ITElite and FPVLR Advanced Kit. My area is pretty challenging. Lots of trees, powers lines, rolling hills, and houses in various areas. My testing is from my backyard following the same path out and back at 395 feet of altitude.

Stock: 2k-4k feet.

DBMods: Solid signal out to 6k feet. It started to get sporadic and and required precise aiming but I did get it out to 9,000 feet. At 9,000 feet I had to use RTH as I couldn't get it back reliably.

FPVLR Advanced: Solid out to 10,500 feet then the signal fell off rapidly. No problem staying at that distance and bringing it home.

My two cents: Either antenna is a huge upgrade. It's not quite a fair comparison as one is quite a bit more expensive and boosted. Nonetheless, I'm sure many are curious.

The dbsmods is a great bang for your buck. Very nice mount and looks like it belongs on the remote controller. It's also quite light. Comes on and off very easily

The FPVLR is fantastic and if you need to punch through obstacles or raw distance. This is your antenna. I've also ordered the v2 FPVLR and will report on that when it comes in next week. The mount is a challenge to snap on and off. And naturally, it's heavier with two amplifiers and a battery back.

Personally, I'll be switching out the antenna depending on my goals for my flight at the time.

Both antennas fit in my Microraptor backpack. I even leave the propellers on.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZPPR8GY...97929&sr=1&keywords=microraptor+pro+phantom+3

I have both the DBSMods ITElite and FPVLR Advanced Kit. My area is pretty challenging. Lots of trees, powers lines, rolling hills, and houses in various areas. My testing is from my backyard following the same path out and back at 395 feet of altitude.

Stock: 2k-4k feet.

DBMods: Solid signal out to 6k feet. It started to get sporadic and and required precise aiming but I did get it out to 9,000 feet. At 9,000 feet I had to use RTH as I couldn't get it back reliably.

FPVLR Advanced: Solid out to 10,500 feet then the signal fell off rapidly. No problem staying at that distance and bringing it home.

My two cents: Either antenna is a huge upgrade. It's not quite a fair comparison as one is quite a bit more expensive and boosted. Nonetheless, I'm sure many are curious.

The dbsmods is a great bang for your buck. Very nice mount and looks like it belongs on the remote controller. It's also quite light. Comes on and off very easily

The FPVLR is fantastic and if you need to punch through obstacles or raw distance. This is your antenna. I've also ordered the v2 FPVLR and will report on that when it comes in next week. The mount is a challenge to snap on and off. And naturally, it's heavier with two amplifiers and a battery back.

Personally, I'll be switching out the antenna depending on my goals for my flight at the time.

Both antennas fit in my Microraptor backpack. I even leave the propellers on.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZPPR8GY...97929&sr=1&keywords=microraptor+pro+phantom+3
Good write-up. I have a controller on the way with the FPVLR installed it. I just ordered the V2 version stand-alone antenna upgrade to upgrade the V1 that'll be on it. I'm going to order the DBS ITElite in about 2 shakes. I think they will compliment each other given any particular terrain situation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik