FPVLR stage 2 install questions

I did contact tony and tried every thing he asked to.
I wish I never mod my control and the extender
Don't give up so fast bro !! There's gotta be a reason and it's right there in front of ya .
Have been there and felt the same way but then I would see it !!
Just step back and think about it [not saying you haven't ] and have at it again !!
It took me many try's before I got mine right and when I did it felt good !!

Did you remove the original antenna out of the range extender? If not maybe when you go to snap it back together it's putting stress on your cables or connectors.
Just a thought

Did you remove the original antenna out of the range extender? If not maybe when you go to snap it back together it's putting stress on your cables or connectors.
Just a thought
No, I haven't remove the original antennas. I'll try that tomorrow
Thanks

I have modded 2 extenders and tried them both with and without. This last time was with the RE700 and took them out hoping to have more room but did not . Where I do get the cables pinched a little is where the battery touches them .

I have modded 2 extenders and tried them both with and without. This last time was with the RE700 and took them out hoping to have more room but did not . Where I do get the cables pinched a little is where the battery touches them .
Did you drill a new hole in the RC?

I installed a stage 2 kit last fall... My range went from typically under 1000' to the 2000/2500' range. I really don't know how people get these crazy distances but it certainly doesn't seem typical. My range is in a regular suburban neighborhood, and I have a large school yard directly across from me. Previously I could just barely reach the far fence of the yard before losing video and/or control. Now I can easily fly past and reach a street or two beyond at an altitude of around 150'. Once the nice weather eventually comes back I'm looking forward to finding a big open field somewhere to see how far I can push it out.

That's wild. I definitely need to try a run with more altitude, I think I'm staying down too low.

That's what I have. I'm thinking of drilling another hole on the side for the 5.8ghz antenna

That's what I have. I'm thinking of drilling another hole on the side for the 5.8ghz antenna
What you have ? ya mean that antenna ?

Well I have several of those I tried and some of the rubber ducky ones but till I got the 5.8 from tony I didn't really get good results .
Now I'm looking at those new ones in the Plus antenna mods for the one I am putting together and from what I have read on them they are cheaper and really showing some long runs !!
I will find the link to them and put it in this post for ya .

http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...age-5-pre-orders-selling-out-no-biggie.31622/
Ya might have already seen this but this is what I'm gonna try next !

Well I have several of those I tried and some of the rubber ducky ones but till I got the 5.8 from tony I didn't really get good results .
Now I'm looking at those new ones in the Plus antenna mods for the one I am putting together and from what I have read on them they are cheaper and really showing some long runs !!
I will find the link to them and put it in this post for ya .

http://www.phantompilots.com/thread...age-5-pre-orders-selling-out-no-biggie.31622/
Ya might have already seen this but this is what I'm gonna try next !
i don't know if I'm going to buy anymore antennas. After the stage 2 didn't work for from fpvlr, I'm not trying anything else

Well me don't really know what else to tell ya but it did take me awhile of messing with mine to finally get any good results but I just kept at it . Good luck to ya :)

Well me don't really know what else to tell ya but it did take me awhile of messing with mine to finally get any good results but I just kept at it . Good luck to ya :)
Thanks men. I'll try something else this weekend

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20