FPVLR stage 2 install questions

Just over 8000 for me with my stage 2. It's awesome. Just received my stage 4 and I'm waiting for my 5.8ghz amp then I'll be shooting for 20000 feet. My video of the 8000' run is on you tube under Kopterklips.
o_O Ya mean 10000' out and then back right ? ;);)

Just over 8000 for me with my stage 2. It's awesome. Just received my stage 4 and I'm waiting for my 5.8ghz amp then I'll be shooting for 20000 feet. My video of the 8000' run is on you tube under Kopterklips.
ya can do it.jpg
843.PNG

Was that on a full battery?
You can see I had 66% left there . I always start back with at least 65% left .
Started out full yes . Was a little windy .

Are you sure your aiming directly at your bird? Very critical. Double check no sharp bends in cables inside your wifi module. Lots of pictures on here on what works and what doesn't. Make sure connectors are tightened with a wrench not just hand tight.
Let us know.
I replace the cables, I aimed it at the bird and I also separate the antennas. I Think the antennas are bad

Where are you flying? Way out in the country for me I hit 8000' but in an urban environment I was having a hard time hitting 3000'.

Where are you flying? Way out in the country for me I hit 8000' but in an urban environment I was having a hard time hitting 3000'.
I'm Flying in a area that doesn't have much wifi interference. Once I hit about 1600ft, returne to home kick in and I was almost 400ft up.

Are you in a clear area? I know at my house I have 50' trees all around my acreage and no matter the height I can only get about 3500'. Find a tall hill or a valley and fly off the top of it and you'll see a huge difference. Even though you think you have line of sight doesn't mean that the full signal from your transmitter is t being blocked by obstacles on the ground.

Are you in a clear area? I know at my house I have 50' trees all around my acreage and no matter the height I can only get about 3500'. Find a tall hill or a valley and fly off the top of it and you'll see a huge difference. Even though you think you have line of sight doesn't mean that the full signal from your transmitter is t being blocked by obstacles on the ground.
I don't have any trees blocking me. It's clear the whole way. I really think it's the antennas.

Well you could be right. Just seems strange you would even get that distance. That's pretty much the same as stock antanas. No reply from Tony yet?

90% on here said that they're getting well over 3000ft with the stage 2 only antennas. I'm barely getting 2000ft.

90% on here said that they're getting well over 3000ft with the stage 2 only antennas. I'm barely getting 2000ft.
Well ya do got some kind of issue and not doubting you thinking it's the antenna itself but being here as long as I have and using these I have always seen it to be a cable or connection as being the problem .
They test them or did when I got mine so when I would start getting results like you are I would start changing them out .That usually would fix my problem .
I was bad about pinching those little cables or putting a crimp in one of them .
What your getting is way !!

Well ya do got some kind of issue and not doubting you thinking it's the antenna itself but being here as long as I have and using these I have always seen it to be a cable or connection as being the problem .
They test them or did when I got mine so when I would start getting results like you are I would start changing them out .That usually would fix my problem .
I was bad about pinching those little cables or putting a crimp in one of them .
What your getting is way !!
I've try everything including switching out cables. I also separate the antennas and still didn't work

What are you losing , FPV or the 5.8 ?
Sometimes I'll lose FPV first and somtimes I'll lose remote first and also it will drop at 1200ft out and 350ft up and full sight. The Max I've been is 1600ft out with the same height.

Well that don't help o_O If it was one or the other that would help figure out where to look .
How did ya try and contact Tony ?
His site or in here ?

Well that don't help o_O If it was one or the other that would help figure out where to look .
How did ya try and contact Tony ?
His site or in here ?
I did contact tony and tried every thing he asked to.
I wish I never mod my control and the extender

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj