FPVLR or Itelite

My dad says "what looks good is what crosses the finish line first." Awkward looking but effective . My vote [emoji106]
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1456559580.201200.jpg

I have the Fpvlr antenna and it's great! I can fly 4/5 km far without any problems, always with full bars. I could probably go 6/7 but i never tried, because of the batteries. It fits inside the dji backpack and i think it looks really cool.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    462.4 KB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Reactions: LanaRain
What are some general numbers one can expect from stock, DBS, and itelite. Real life #s rather than perfect conditions if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I can tell you what i was personally getting around Florence, with medium foliage and high density of wifi, networks etc:

Stock around 700 meters (had a couple of RTH for signal loss)

Fpvlr (not amplified): 4 km (full bars, still haven't tried to go further cause i spent some times flyin around and takin some pictures and videos).

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
This is a test from a guy in facebook.
Hope it helps in your choice
He has tested itelite and fpvlr antennas both boosted and unboosted.
Copy/paste from the original message:

"itelite non boosted 3725ft .... itelite boosted 4265ft...... fpvlr non boosted 3916ft ...boosted 6025ft..... also I lost both video and control signals on itelite at about the same time, so I turned back. On the fpvlr I only got a low warning on video and still had controller signal so I could have went a little further with fpvlr set up but turned back. Fpvlr wins hands down. In the next week I am going to an open area and doing the same test. This test was done in a heavy tree area the entire way and wifi plus I crossing some high voltage main transfer cables at 2500ft."

Last edited:
Hopefully this will answer your question,
And the winner is,
V-2 for distance!
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1460825496.669171.jpg

Reactions: Ed209
With DBS unboosted I have gone 41,000 ft. Turned around because of low battery. This was at beach on clear day.

Reactions: dirtybum
With DBS unboosted I have gone 41,000 ft. Turned around because of low battery. This was at beach on clear day.
And that is a amazing accomplishment for any flyer, one that I've done many times and can only hope to do again. But,

It's not 53![emoji41]

For everyone that doesn't like the open look of the FPVLRs - you can get a Radio Shack project box that covers the front of the antennas just about perfectly. A little black duct tape and it looks like everything else I own (patched together with black duct tape). But it does help keep the nice important copper wires from banging about it the bag.

One of my 3D printing projects is going to be a better cover for them. Eventually.

But for everybody on the fence that hasn't tied a windsurfer first - do that. Free to inexpensive, no annoying wires to re route and you can revert to stock for those days when you need better omnidirectional functionality.

Reactions: John Locke
Well, condoms might fit on the antennas. It would send a message, I suppose.

I took my FPVLRv2 out to 9.23mi with rock solid signal the entire way. I don't give a **** what it looks like. It could have 2 dildos hanging off of it, with a rainbow flag. I'd still use it!
Yep, Ed, solid at 10 miles cant argue w/ those 2 numbers huh!

I took my FPVLRv2 out to 9.23mi with rock solid signal the entire way. I don't give a **** what it looks like. It could have 2 dildos hanging off of it, with a rainbow flag. I'd still use it!
What'd you have on the bird side?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers