FPVLR - Not too impressed - Penetration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily I was able to sell my FPVLR antenna and upgrade to the DBS itelite antenna. I couldn't be happier. No doubt it was a great decision!!!
Really?? Please show evidence of owning an FPVLR antenna. its evident from the comment you are LYING. I do own the V2 setup for the P3 and Ive owned other fpvlr antennas and I still have them. I don't post allot. I do fly allot. I own 5 Phantoms and 2 othe UAV's and I proudly vouch for the guality of FPVLR antennas. I did have a slight issue once and you know what, Tony called me. who else does that? I think anyone caught flat *** lying should be removed from this board ASAP. I thought we were grownups.

I've purchased two sets of antenna's from FPVLR and have been very happy. I let them do the install so it would be done correctly. I will say that I did have a problem in the beginning but it was narrowed down to a break in the insulation of the external wire connecting the antenna to the RC. Tony stepped up and send new cables and everything was working great. My experience has been exceptional and I will continue to use him.

Reactions: FPVLR
Here's my invoice . Your antennas suck!!
you should be removed from this board. you attack a member that has been help all of us for years. You are a disgrace to this hobby,
Obviously you don't know how to install antennas or your a liar. I think the latter, shame on you

Reactions: dirkclod and FPVLR
I too have had great luck with Tony's antenna and never felt he was unscrupulous in any way-as a matter of fact you cant even compare Tony's willingness to work with folks compared to DJI, if you want to ***** about something..(I know they've gotten a wee bit better but jeez).
-I'm about to get another kit for my P3, the Inspire one works so well--
good luck Tony--

I got First Class service from Tony whose products are top quality, I received very helpful advice from him when I got stuck while installing the stage 3 upgrade, he stuck with me till It was installed 100%..... I will buy from him again - Top Bloke!

Yeah he wants the Best Buy option. Okay, go buy a computer that you select, screw up and then tell Best Buy that you want them to send you a new one and when you get it you will take the old one back... I'll have to try that and see how well that fly's. And then, heaven forbid you would have to actually go to the post office... OMG how daunting. That right there says you have no intention of returning the parts that you incorrectly ordered... I say case closed...

Bigdrone1 has been a member here less than 2 weeks. majority of his post are attacks on a member that has helped many in this community free of charge.
Its obvious this person is not good for this community and imho should be banned asap!

Sorry Tony from FPVLR, it's s shame you have to deal with the Bigdrone character, but with this number of people you'll always get a few odd balls.
Again I can only recommend the FPVLR system to all. It's solid, dependable and a fantastic system.

I do not post here at all but I thought I would make an exception. Those in drone community know me as producer and owner of a youtube channel yarik83 where to the tune of 130,000 views and rapidly growing I post tutorials for DBS, FPVLR and objectively compare the two, fly them on phantom 2 vision + and now phantom 3. My videos get 1,000-30,000 views for my antenna tutorials.

I skimmed through your conversation here and I am really flabbergasted. You take an antenna maker like FPVLR... arguably a prolific supporter of drones, not to mention super active in virtually every single possible way. His client base reaches far and wide, all over the world... countless thousands upon thousands of clients elevating him from some guy from italy to a multimillion dollar business based from usa.

Sure Tony has his good days and bad days but his service is impeccable and for all the advertising I do on my channel using his antennas... only thing I ever wanted from the guy is to answer questions and quite literally any question I may have when scripting my tutorials... he responds in minutes... sometimes creepily around midnight because being a good businessman... who offers support to what he sells is a core part of his business.

It is conceivable that out of thousands of units that he manufactures and sells there may be a few that are dead on arrival but he goes above the call of duty replacing them things at no cost.

If you have a grievance with the guy... talk to him first... figure out how to fix your stuff and fly.

Reading this thread backwards I found some guy bashing him... and so I started reading front to back and found that this whole conversation started with some guy using a product for purposes it was not designed for... that is trying to force a signal through threes. That is not what this product was designed for. In clear line of sight even a scaredy cat like myself can easily get 2-3 miles... shoot his clients get like 8 miles out of the setup with only limitation being battery life.

It is a little unfair to judge this product on whether it can or can not penetrate through woods.

I live out in the country and I have satellite surface to air internet. My satellite dish is the size of a typical satellite dish, pointed forward at antenna located by fire station. I have a big giant booster connected to outlet that powers that sucker. Shoots through trees, woods, shrub and all. I was told it works on 2.4 frequency. If penetration is what you want... there is a right tool for the job... but antenna designed for unobstructed line of sight is not.

Back to issue at hand. Tony has a temper and only when he is met with people who blatantly lie. I do not blame the guy... I have a temper myself. I have had it up to here with opinionated people using unsubstantiated information. If you have a grievance with FPVLR, DBS or horizon... get in touch with them... let them figure out what your issue is... (ie bad install or not using product in a matter it was designed for). I never had so much as an issue with customer service from both.

I can say from experience a friend and I both bought Tony's advanced antenna kits for P3P and we at least doubled if not tripled our range from stock, we know there are many variables and we live in an area with a ton of wireless interference and foliage so we were both pretty impressed with the range after the mod. We did the MOD ourselves (very carefully) because your dealing with removing glued ribbon cables and/or re-routing cables in tight spots i would suggest sending your controller for Tony to do. Furthermore we had bought the V1 antennas 2 weeks before he released the V2's and Tony did right by us with replacing the V1's. Sorry to hear someone didn't have a good experience but i can definitely say, our experience has been good. Just my 2 cents!

I've sent a note to big drone 1 as follows... You should recognize that the majority of people on this forum are embarrassed for you. And to put it bluntly think you are an idiot. An apology would go a long way on the FPVLR forum thread. I know you can do it... go on and prove me right that you aren't the idiot you appear to be [emoji16]

Since this has been beat to death, worked over then kicked a few times I think enough is enough. There is nothing wrong with FPVLR antennas when used for the right application. There is nothing wrong with the DBS antennas when used in the right application. Use your own judgement when purchasing and weigh out the reviews. People have different experiences with different products. Reviews are just part of the decision as only a portion of the reviews are honest, some are there out of malice. If Tony's antennas were so bad he wouldn't be selling the volume he does and with many praises from his users. Yarick83's post says it very well.

So with that, this thread is officially closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1