FPVLR - Not too impressed - Penetration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes we do have tiny amplifiers modules that weigh like 15 grams and have 2W of rated power, if you want to increase video to have it just as strong as the rc singnal through trees and objects it's the only way to go.... we install a 5v regulator to power the mini amp and then a 2.4ghz dipole, and your video signal becomes 20 times stronger
I usually lose RC and video at the same time...
Can you provide a link to the amplifiers and regulator you sell?

Unbelievable comment coming from an approved vendor:(:(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dirkclod
Unbelievable comment coming from an approved vendor:(:(
Quite, remind me not to bother buying that product. Seems out of character though....Do you think he might have had his account hijacked?

Quite, remind me not to bother buying that product. Seems out of character though....Do you think he might have had his account hijacked?
I just don't understand that reaction -- to old and outdated for today's culture wars--- enuf said. They both have great products and are competitors. The consumers will make the ultimate decisions. I will leave it at that.

Reactions: Jbundy63
I have both the dbs and fpvlr and the dbs out Flys the fpvlr everytime by at least 30-40%. And it's a third the price with a better mounting system . Overall the dbs is a more thought out system and design.

I have both the dbs and fpvlr and the dbs out Flys the fpvlr everytime by at least 30-40%. And it's a third the price with a better mounting system . Overall the dbs is a more thought out system and design.
Also, ITElite company is a company that manufactures Antennas for the Broadcast industry. They understand antennas and have a well packaged durable product.

Both antennas perform equally well so many people are saying.......... out in the wide open!

My question is which antenna design offers more penetration through obstructions, mainly trees? Circular or linear?

Knowing this fact will benefit the majority of us who aren't driving out to the middle of nowhere to pull off these long distance runs.
600mhz offers the best... but you don't even want to see the size of that beastly antenna...

If ours can go 8.5 miles away and still have almost perfect quality, I wonder how the detractors can say they can fly 30% further, with what batteries? Please , don't believe that stupidity!
You said it yourself results may vary .

Wow dbs Mods is doing something right 10+ miles with a matrice which uses the exact same light bridge. Holy crap that's impressive . I haven't looked at the flytrex records in a couple months.

With respect to Tony's FPVLR V2 kit that I own. Range is a mute point. I'm getting range that meets and probably exceeds the battery endurance. So most of these posts are pointless. If you can manage the same range with respect to battery endurance on the lower quality system of dbs [emoji6] why argue the point?

With respect to Tony's FPVLR V2 kit that I own. Range is a mute point. I'm getting range that meets and probably exceeds the battery endurance. So most of these posts are pointless. If you can manage the same range with respect to battery endurance on the lower quality system of dbs [emoji6] why argue the point?
Yes, I agree. Both seem to work better than a battery can support. What seems more relevant to compare is the ergonomics and cost. The DBS seems easier to custom fit inside a backpack without removing the antenna from the controller. I may try it out after I'm out of warranty.

We get it, we get it, we get it, yours is the best ever, better than anything else, beats them all always, whenever, Good, better, Best! Your the king, out fly's them all, Salute, to the best antenna maker ever, no one will ever be better than you, you win, the rest loose, they all fall short of you, you are great. They are horrible, you are awesome. Praise be to FPVLR... 1st class, master class, best in class....

Most guys who are interested in range also run a couple extra lipos on the side. But yes if you don't have a battery modification then it doesn't matter which antenna you got they both are more than capable of out flying a stock battery .

We get it, we get it, we get it, yours is the best ever, better than anything else, beats them all always, whenever, Good, better, Best! Your the king, out fly's them all, Salute, to the best antenna maker ever, no one will ever be better than you, you win, the rest loose, they all fall short of you, you are great. They are horrible, you are awesome. Praise be to FPVLR... 1st class, master class, best in class....
I cant understand why he needs to sit here & argue a point, his kits should speak for themselves. Sitting here & arguing & cursing on a customers thread who is having a bad experience with his product shows a lack of character, not to mention shows that this product needs to be argued in order to get across to customers how good it is, if its so good why praise it, why not let the customers speak for themselves? Not saying i have not heard good things, but i have heard nearly all bad experiences with FPVLR products, mostly that people get the same range as the stock antennas. Some cant even get the same as before, which leaves the product in question.

I cant understand why he needs to sit here & argue a point, his kits should speak for themselves. Sitting here & arguing & cursing on a customers thread who is having a bad experience with his product shows a lack of character, not to mention shows that this product needs to be argued in order to get across to customers how good it is, if its so good why praise it, why not let the customers speak for themselves? Not saying i have not heard good things, but i have heard nearly all bad experiences with FPVLR products, mostly that people get the same range as the stock antennas. Some cant even get the same as before, which leaves the product in question.
From first hand experience, it really is that good.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl