FPVLR for P3S on ADV/PRO RC?

Reaction score
So...I just picked up a used FPVLR with which I will do comparisons (Mandalay will have both too!). Mainly looking to find out if the penetration near residentials/business is any different from my ITElite panel.

QUESTION...if I get an ADV or PRO, can I use the FPVLR on it also and just not use the 5.8 cone that sticks out? Isn't it basically the same thing but with another input for the 5.8 (that wouldn't be in use).

I hope we can reuse it but I doubt it. Just like DBS, there are 2 versions of the antenna: one for P3S and the other for P3A/P. Please post your comparison results. I probably won't get my controller back with FPVLR antenna until 1st week of February since I still need to ship it out next week.

Ok, will do, but you might be right. I asked on the FPVLR website the same question-let's see if he says anything about it.

As I looked at the online descriptions, both the P3A/P mod and P3S mod both use similar looking helix 2.4 antennas rated at 10.5dBi. The P3S kit are 55 degree and the P3A/P are LHCP & RHCP and are 60 degree. Since I know nothing about the difference...I will assume there must be.:)

Googled and found this: RHCP and LHCP stand for "right hand circular polarization" and "left hand circular polarization" Thinking the P3S may be both RHCP?

This is fascinating information on antenna: THE ULTIMATE 5.8GHz VIDEO LINK (AND SIMPLER OPTIONS) EXPLAINED

Yes , the answer is yes
Thanks, do you have specific knowledge of this...I don't see why it WOUDLN'T work, just maybe not as well? BTW, here's a video of Tony from FPVLR taking about the helix coils vs. the stick antenna.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31