FPVLR antennas + wifi booster app = 2.6 mile distance flight

Re: FPVLR antennas + wifi booster app = 2.6 mile distance fl

FPVLR said:
Tizzl, I am working on something amazingly simple and at the same time beautiful for you to double your rc control range keeping the patch you currently use.

it will transform the stock antennas into 8dbi Yagis, one aiming fore and one aft.

cool. looking forward! also looking at maybe replacing my helix disk with one of those massive 8 turns ya have there..seems im running out of wifi more so than control.

FPVLR said:
tizzl10 said:
FPVLR said:
Tizzl, I am working on something amazingly simple and at the same time beautiful for you to double your rc control range keeping the patch you currently use.

it will transform the stock antennas into 8dbi Yagis, one aiming fore and one aft.

cool. looking forward! also looking at maybe replacing my helix disk with one of those massive 8 turns ya have there..seems im running out of wifi more so than control.

haha,
you are right, I need to make you an 8 turns,
those are really stronger,

, an extra 4 db compared to the parasitic disk helix, will translate in 50% more range.

Tony.

let me know when and the price..cool.

tizzl10 said:
FPVLR said:

You may also try FPV Booster Pro Beta#2 level-6 (or between L5-L8) with new antenna, which is 16dBm (3dBm more than the current V2). Per feedback from other beta testers, 16dBm does not perform better than 13dBm matching with stock RE700 repeater. However, if you modded the Wifi antennas, it can be a different story.

PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
FPVLR said:

You may also try FPV Booster Pro Beta#2 level-6 (or between L5-L8) with new antenna, which is 16dBm (3dBm more than the current V2). Per feedback from other beta testers, 16dBm does not perform better than 13dBm matching with stock RE700 repeater. However, if you modded the Wifi antennas, it can be a different story.

I have B#0.2 on my iphone. is this the correct one to test?

FPVLR said:
Hi Tizzl, in the meantime that I build the big cannon for you, I tell you a little secret, the parasitic disk can give you a couple more dbs if you turn it , try turning it 45 degrees at each flight and mark which way goes up, so you will find out what position gives you the best range. Please do not twist the cable while doing these tests, I know easier said than done.

Tony.

ahh ok..just pulled out my controller to see the current position.

Attachments

• position.JPG
    position.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 542

tizzl10 said:
PVFlyer said:
tizzl10 said:
I have B#0.2 on my iphone. is this the correct one to test?
Yes, that's Beta#2.

cool..will test my next opportunity. thanks, Tony.
You may also test B#0.3 (13dBm) with various levels. I have no problem to boost it 20dBm or more, but it may not help for better range.

[/quote]

cool..will test my next opportunity. thanks, Tony.[/quote]
You may also test B#0.3 (13dBm) with various levels. I have no problem to boost it 20dBm or more, but it may not help for better range.[/quote]

cool..got a lot of testing to do with the different software/hardware configs..will report back on my next days off.

Just saw the message tony. I will cut those right away. I did test tonight and was able to get 2 miles in a heavy tree area and no bird - booster turned on. Will try tomorrow with the booster turned on and will go to a more open area. So far very impressed. Before I was only able to get a little over a mile in the same area with the booster installed. No control drops at all though. Hopefully the screws cut-down will make things even better tomorrow. How does one get a copy of the booster-beta software?

FPVLR said:
Oh please Kirk, those screws sticking up... you need to cut those, they cannot be so close to the helix.... it will mess with pattern and impedance.
Tony.

Better Tony? [emoji6]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408850855.654722.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408850855.654722.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 443
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408850873.121461.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408850873.121461.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 499

FPVLR said:
yes, better, I could have riveted it down completely like that, but for regular fpv people use antenna trackers, I am talking fpv done with airplanes, so I install 2 screws to mount the antenna to a tracker. I hope the velcro is strong enough to hold all that weight.
You don't want it to come unstuck during a record attempt.
Tony.
I am using a Velcro strap over it as well. It is very sturdy .

Reactions: mattweikel

Here is my 2 Mile video. I was playing around with some multi-pip videos. My 2 mile video is in the top right hand corner. The other videos are just some successful runs. The video in the bottom right is a 3800 ft altitude flight. http://youtu.be/MoKAUw28oJo

ToThePoint said:
Kag49601 said:
I am thinking about eventually buying an extra 5.8 board and doing the acetone trick to remove the glue-old antennas. Will then install your pinwheels on the bird to complete the antenna upgrade.

If your doing that try to use Ammonia from the household.
If its epoxy, ammonia regenerates epoxy, i know that from chemist guys that produced that stuff.
It worth a try, i can't do it anymore because i removed that concrete glue with a knife and someone mentioned its epoxy after i did that.

I tried ammonia and it does not effect it at all. Still hard as a rock!
Haven't tried acetone yet but lacquer thinner also ineffective.
I have successfully (Crudely) modified one receiver board with SMA extensions and connected 5.8ghz pinwheels. This together with twin 2.4ghz pinwheels, easily went 2 miles with 640 x 480 @ 15 FPS. PVFlyer Booster app!
On the control side, Used a yagi on the repeater and a 1w sunhas with 4 turn helical on the transmitter. No amp on the repeater yet.
I thought I would be happy at 2 miles but Now I want more!

tizzl10 said:
FPVLR said:
Hi Tizzl, in the meantime that I build the big cannon for you, I tell you a little secret, the parasitic disk can give you a couple more dbs if you turn it , try turning it 45 degrees at each flight and mark which way goes up, so you will find out what position gives you the best range. Please do not twist the cable while doing these tests, I know easier said than done.

Tony.

ahh ok..just pulled out my controller to see the current position.
Tony - How does my 2.4 sphere helix dome compare to this parasitic disk? Is one better than the other?

jspad said:
ToThePoint said:
Kag49601 said:
I am thinking about eventually buying an extra 5.8 board and doing the acetone trick to remove the glue-old antennas. Will then install your pinwheels on the bird to complete the antenna upgrade.

If your doing that try to use Ammonia from the household.
If its epoxy, ammonia regenerates epoxy, i know that from chemist guys that produced that stuff.
It worth a try, i can't do it anymore because i removed that concrete glue with a knife and someone mentioned its epoxy after i did that.

I tried ammonia and it does not effect it at all. Still hard as a rock!
Haven't tried acetone yet but lacquer thinner also ineffective.
I have successfully (Crudely) modified one receiver board with SMA extensions and connected 5.8ghz pinwheels. This together with twin 2.4ghz pinwheels, easily went 2 miles with 640 x 480 @ 15 FPS. PVFlyer Booster app!
On the control side, Used a yagi on the repeater and a 1w sunhas with 4 turn helical on the transmitter. No amp on the repeater yet.
I thought I would be happy at 2 miles but Now I want more!

If you are still in need of an extra 5.8 board you can get one at http://www.ebay.com/itm/261593675668 with the antennas removed.

Thanks. I actually saw this earlier today and have it in my watch list.

Tizzl: any update with the new minisphere antennas?

mr_3_0_5 said:
Tizzl: any update with the new minisphere antennas?

no, not yet..patiently waiting for them in the mail!

ok, got the minispheres in the mail today. did a quick and dirty install which didnt allow me to properly aim the rear sphere downward.. flew 2.5 miles (12,622 ft) distance like that. hopefully I can figure out a way to mount it pointing down at a slight angle.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31