FPVLR Antennas - Quick Review

Reaction score
I bought a set of antennas for for Phantom 2 about 5 weeks ago but never had time to fly until now. I got sick and ended up in the hospital.

First of all I want to say that the customer service from Tony was great. He answered my emails within 24 hours but most within minutes and I sent a lot of emails. I think he stays glued to the screen.

Here is the link to the set I ordered for my Phantom 2 (5.8 ghz).

http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... duct_id=97

I have a Boscam 400mw transmitter and the Boscam diversity receiver. I wanted the coax on the helical antenna as short as possible and Tony said no problem. He made this special antenna and mailed everything the next day. He must have stayed up all night:)

When I received the antenna I put the two on the receiver first. I then went to put the omni antenna on the Phantom. In my case it cleared the ground by about an inch but I have the tall wide landing gear. If I was using the standard gear I would have had a problem. I emailed Tony and it didn't really seem like he knew the correct length. He said most of his sales are to the scratch built guys. I looked around and saw several people with Phantom's had just mounted them at an angle. I would not have cared to do that so If you order a set of these I suggest you measure and tell him the length you want the antenna to be. Make it as long as possible so it will clear the camera but not touch the ground.

So now on to the performance. I had been using some Boscam onmi antennas on both the receiver and transmitter. I had a lot of signal loss fading in and out but never flew far enough to totally lose the signal. I always made sure to keep the Phantom in site.

This weekend I flew with the new antennas. I flew farther than I have ever flown including out of my sight and the signal was just perfect. The receiver never switched off the helical so I assume you would have to really have it pointed in the wrong direction for it to switch to the onmi.

Not much else to say other than I am extremely happy with the setup. I will do some longer range testing but compared to what I was using it has been money well spent. If I was using the standard landing gear though I would have had to send that antenna back and have it shortened. I am a little surprised that he didn't know the length but in my case it worked out for the better.

The construction of the antennas is also top notch. I was impressed as I didn't expect them to be built so well after seeing some of the others available.

Get a set. You won't be sorry.

+1

+1 love mine, excellent range

Hello guys , this is Tony from FPVLR.COM
I just want to thank you for your appreciation and nice words, truly inspiring to do our very best.
Tony.

just spoke to Tony this afternoon, for him it was morning LOL, good information and suggestions, even agreed to exchange some info for future product development, great guy.

Im going to order the same. Im using the black pearl and a immersion 600mw. What plugs do I need?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.