Fpvlr antennas problems.

Burl my friend. My english is poor. Can you explain this for me?
Snugged ? Spun? How did clean and got better range ?
Thanks

burlbark said:
hangtensoul said:
Guys. I just came back from the tests. Did the new hole to make sure the cable is not curved ...clean up round the chip and fixed it well. Not good. 600 meters and signal lost... I had some conexion broken too and i was aiming the phantom.

I really apreciatte the attention of you guys. Thanks anyway.

Richard what is the washer from the bulkhead ?
Do you guys think i should put the pinwheel cable that comes from the radio out of the radio ? I mean out of the radio to make it easier to screw with a wrench ?
If you guys could send me pictures to know how your radio is would help me ...
Thanks guys.

600 meters is not bad... Depending on interference. I have been having some problems also. I was able to narrow one problem down today that gave me allot more range. The SMA connectors, both the male pin and the female receptacle may have contaminants on them that dont allow full power. I was getting dropping signal at 75 yards with the Vision on the ground. I snugged the nuts down lightly on the tx side connectors and spun the antennas. This rotates the pin in the sma connector and removes any residual solvent or flux that may have solidified on the contacts during manufacturing. I was able to step off to nearly 150 yards before terrain and brush compromised line of sight. Nearly double the range and I am sure without ground attenuation that would amount to allot in the air. I have high voltage transmission lines near me so I cant take it out that far.
can you explain this a little more please, Jeremy? Thanks.

hangtensoul said:
Burl my friend. My english is poor. Can you explain this for me?
Snugged ? Spun? How did clean and got better range ?
Thanks

Just put the antenna on like you normally would. Make sure that the fastening nut of the antenna does not bottom out when fully tightened. Next loosen the antenna nut a 1/4-1/2 turn and spin the actually antenna a couple of revolutions. If you do this while connected to the Phantom you can see if your signal drops, if it drops you may have environmental contaminants on the sma pin and receptacle. This problem will go away with a couple more revolutions. I had dropping at 75 yards or less and eventually got out to 130 or more before it started dropping and this is with the quad on the ground. My stock bird on the ground with no antenna upgrade got 40 yards before ground attenuation sucked it up and it dropped out.

hangtensoul said:
Understood but what is a couple of revolutions ?
Just couldnt get that ..
just turn it 2 times in the socket,
also I reckon using contact cleaner spray will work well to dissolve the contaminants if any.
I am getting ready for some FPVLR action too.

Tony is shipping this back to me, ready for some tests of new antennas he's building for the inspire 1.

Attachments

• mountingkit5.jpg
    mountingkit5.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 443
Just turn 2 times? But if i do that the conectors will not touch each other and Tony was sayin that i must thight that with a wrench...
Now im just having fpv problems, conexion broken ... What must be ? My celphone? Thanks.

Thanks Tony. Always giving support to the costumers.
Thanks guys.
In a while give you more infos about it ...

Hello guys. I would like to thank everybody that helped me here ... Really really thank u.
My problem was the connectors that goes straight in the hardware inside of the radio controler. The pins were smashed inside and thats the reason i couldnt go farter then 350 meters. I changed all the wires and tryed to connect it in a safe way. And i did... I went to a place witch is rounded by buildings in a lagoon and i got 800 meters that i never could before. I will try in a farm or a bettee open area but i can see the problem was in that connector.
Thanks Tony for the support.
Any question im here !!.. Bye

I have smashed a few of those connectors before. They are small, fragile, and not always easy to line up especially for the vision impaired folks like myself!

hangtensoul said:
Hello guys. I would like to thank everybody that helped me here ... Really really thank u.
My problem was the connectors that goes straight in the hardware inside of the radio controler. The pins were smashed inside and thats the reason i couldnt go farter then 350 meters. I changed all the wires and tryed to connect it in a safe way. And i did... I went to a place witch is rounded by buildings in a lagoon and i got 800 meters that i never could before. I will try in a farm or a bettee open area but i can see the problem was in that connector.
Thanks Tony for the support.
Any question im here !!.. Bye

Living and learning... But was nice to see how these stuff works, but its true.. Very fragile if you dont know how to handle it...

Good to hear. I plan to try mine out once the weather gets better. Best so far has been about 1200 feet. Those connectors are a *****!

Rotor ... Is just tryed the distance test because i was flyin in a limited flight area because of to helipads couldnt go higher than 120 meters of altittude. But distance was good, kind of 850 meters... that area is full of interferences wi fi and antennas but sunday ill go to a nice open area and tell you the results.

Yes guys those connectors are *****, i smashed tryin to connect it, must have some extras wires for any problem and try do connect with attention ...
Always here to help..
Bye

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31